Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 fixed my problem......well... >

fixed my problem......well...

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

fixed my problem......well...

Old 09-10-2004, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default fixed my problem......well...

i asked for tips on hitting doves......today i went out about 1pmish.....cooler day...clouds n sun.....and it rained for 2 days straight....so i figured theyd be flying good today......i get there and sure enough they were...well they were in the field eating corn already......flushed about 200.....scatterd them good....busted one.....get set up and there is like 50 to the left of me and 150 to the right in the tree line and telephone lines....they werent moving much for about an hour....a few would fly by now and then when a car went by or something...but that was about it.....about 2 oclock i guess the dinner bell rang or something....but all heck broke loose and they were flying everywehre....my shooting was still off.....from 2-3 i shot near 50rds andi think i killed 2......then 4-5 something happend...they were still flying pretty good and i went from 3 to 9.....about every other shot i busted a bird....ended up taking home 8....lost one in the alfalfa somehow....busted him hardcore...dropped like a rock...went to get him and couldnt find him anywehre....i looked for a long time too...i also sent one off naked....hit him hard....feathers RAINED.....but he sailed across the field fine somehow!! i think the reason i started hitting them was i thought about everything i read here....and put my expierience together about how i can jump shot them fine but not pass shot them well and started waiting till they were in range...pulling up and swinging on them and firing....worked for me i think.....i bought some remington shur shot heavy dove loads today....2 boxes of 7.5 and 2 boxes of 8s....they are loaded hotter....i just scrubbed the heck out of my gun......and im ready for tomarow...im getting up...cutting grass.....and about 1 or 2 ill be at the field......i cant wait.......thanx alot guys......tomarow i plan to save a few shells and add a few birds lol.......thanx guys.....just thought id let you guys know its working better for me.......
Old 09-17-2004, 06:21 PM

Default RE: fixed my problem......well...

Well done champ.When you learn to shoot a 12 ga. it feels good,eh.Good on ya.[:-]