Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Fiocchi ammo????

Old 02-20-2004, 08:49 AM

Default Fiocchi ammo????

Has anybody else had problems with fiocchi ammo? Seems everytime I shoot more than a box it makes my gun jam up. I have never had this problem with other types of ammo. Just wanted some feedback about the ammo. Any info. is appreciated.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Fiocchi ammo????

i used some of their steel shot 2 seasons ago. bought 2 boxes to try them out. patterned them with various chokes and tried them in the field. i still have some of those shells left. wasn't too impressed by them. ymmv.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:25 AM
Typical Buck

TYLEETESS - I assume you are using an autoloader. Whenever an autoloader jams when using factory ammo, you should normally look to the gun for the problem. Some autos don't handle different size loads well, and the Fiocchi may just be one that your gun doesn't like. One thing you should do is measure the overall length of a loaded shell...sometimes European ammo measures closer to 2 2/3" rather than 2 3/4". You may also want to take apart your gun and give it a thorough cleaning and lube job.

If you do these things and the gun still jams, I would look for a different ammo manufacturer.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

For pheasants I only use Fiocchhi. I use Golden Pheasant 12 gauge 2 3/4" shells loaded with 2 3/8 oz. of #5 shot. I use it in a Franchi AL 48. This combination has been unbelivable in the last three years or so. Have not had a single problem with 300 rounds plus from his combo.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:38 AM

I bought a few boxes of #3 steel Fiocchi 3 years ago. I was so favorably impressed that I bought the next year and another case last year. I shot them in my Wingmaster and Weatherby Orion. I will buy some more this year.