Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

A Love For The Upland

Old 10-29-2023, 06:34 AM
Spike

Default A Love For The Upland

Greetings,

This is my first post here and I wanted to say I am excited to share stories and my passion for pheasant and grouse hunting. I actually just got back from a trip up north here in Ontario. I was able to convince my father-in-law to retrace the footsteps of his youth as we set out on a grouse hunting adventure. Travelling via canoe we set out on 40km trip to make some memories. He has hunted grouse as a teenager but had been on hiatus for 30 years and so I was excited to get him back in action and be there for his first harvest in such a long time. I regularly document these kinds of trips and others with my wife and child into the backcountry. Being new to the forum I thought I would ask if its appropriate to link to these trip videos that I have curated on my YouTube account. I know some forums frown upon this while others celebrate memories of trips past. Anyways rather then just post I figured it would be best to introduce myself and ask permission. My name is Steve and I am from South Western Ontario. I grew up hunting and fishing and generally enjoying the outdoors from a young age. I have also shot competitively in a variety of disciplines going all the way back to my teenage years. Anyways just wanted to say hello. Hope everyone is out there enjoying this lovely fall weather.

Sincerely,
Canuck Canook

Attached Thumbnails A Love For The Upland-image-edit-ccr-2.jpg  
Old 10-29-2023, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

Post your video! Sounds like a great hunt with Dad.

I've occasionally had some grouse luck in Pennsylvania. What a fun bird to hunt

-Jake
Old 10-29-2023, 08:49 AM
Spike

Apparently the forum doesn't allow you to post a URL until you have at least 10 posts. Time to get active I guess.
Attached Thumbnails A Love For The Upland-image-edit-forum.jpg  
Old 10-30-2023, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CanuckCanook
Apparently the forum doesn't allow you to post a URL until you have at least 10 posts. Time to get active I guess.
Pm me the name of video or link and I can post it for you
Old 10-30-2023, 01:59 PM
Spike

I appreciate the offer but I will stick to the rules around here. I'm sure they are here for a reason.
Attached Thumbnails A Love For The Upland-image-edit-ccr.jpg  
Old 10-30-2023, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CanuckCanook
I appreciate the offer but I will stick to the rules around here. I'm sure they are here for a reason.
Nonsense.

There's no one left to enforce the rules. Just me - and I'll happily post your video lol.

Best of luck.

-Jake
Old 10-31-2023, 12:35 PM
Spike

Hope you enjoy as much as we did making this.