Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Dreamy time of year.

Old 10-04-2014, 02:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking Dreamy time of year.

Oct, that dreamy time of the year that is or was talked about in gun and hunting rags for years now gone by. Days of colorful leaves, falling laying a carpet of color in the uplands, the days to pick up a nice double of 16ga or 20ga. pack a sandwich or two a bottle of water and not forget the dog. Stroll thru those upland thru the berry briers, along the beaver ponds thru old apple orchard to the hard wood where the Beech are dropping their nuts. The excitement of the pats flushing from under foot that had been missed by the dog. That special spot from years past where the huge Beech tree has spread it's roots to form a the perfect spot to set and eat lunch sharing bits of cheese sandwich with the dog along with bits of apple that was picked off that wild tree along the trail to the beaver pond or in the orchard . It was also a good place to sit and look at the clouds as they traveled across the sky with the flocks of geese and ducks with the dog's head resting on your lap while you stroked her gently behind the ears. A place to remember other hunts with friends of old.
What a beautiful place to take a nap.
The dreamy month is here.

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 10-05-2014 at 02:05 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:44 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up October

That was great Al.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Thanks
Was planning a day out, and got to thinking of the stories I used to read in the hunting rags and a few old friends gone not that I used to enjoy the days afield with not to mention the dogs.

Al
Old 10-05-2014, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up Oct dreams

Hey, reliving your hunting memorey's and dreams is a great part of hunting.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Great post Al! Got to make a quick stop @ deer camp on the way to Green bay. Had many thoughts on what u discussed while at camp .
Old 10-07-2014, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

All the old friends were not two legged.
My brother had a dog, Best hunting dog I ever had the pleasure of hunting with.

http://thunderbucks.com/tbforum/inde...pic,222.0.html

Al
Old 11-04-2014, 10:36 AM
Spike

That's it. You just made me walk out of my office to grab the dog and O/U and head up to the mountains to chase grouse. I'll be fired because of this thread! Probably the best thing that could happen to me