Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
First quail hunt is successful >

First quail hunt is successful

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

First quail hunt is successful

Old 11-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Spike

Default First quail hunt is successful

My first quail hunt of the season, first ever quail hunt and first hunt ever was successful . It was me, my bro Mason, his uncle Dean, and Dean's friend Darren and his hunting dog Gus. We did some hunting on Masons land and got 5, was surprising cause a huge group pop up in front of us and we laid down some serious lead and steel and didnt get a single one, but got 5 by tracking down singles, boy that dog could find those birds, and I'm getting one of its kids.

Then we moved to a Walk-in and got 5 more, I got two of em. Was a great fun experience.

First 5 we got, can also see our equipment, Mossberg 500 is Deans, Remington 1100 is mine and the camo Mossberg 835 is Masons.

Next five we got.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:21 AM
Spike

Nicely Done, when those little buggers flush they don't mess around getting out of there!
Old 11-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

Out of all the hunting that can be done, upland will stick with you. The dog and all the action makes for a great experience.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

Fond memories of the quail hunts in the past stick hard. I'm not certain if it's the quail or if it's the fact we were still young that matters.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

ah the mossberg 500 field, love that gun!
Old 01-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Was your brother using 2 3/4" shells in that 835? I can't imagine there would be too much left of those quail if he was using 3" shells. If so, did they cycle okay?