Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Crow's ?

Old 01-08-2010, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Crow's ?

Just curious! Has anyone ever eaten crow before? Or is it ok to eat crow? My buddy asked me that question and I didn't know what to say. Thanks
Old 01-08-2010, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've eaten crow MANY times, but it was FIGURATIVELY rather than LITERALLY.......

Seriously, I've eaten woodchuck, beaver, coon, snapping turtles, several varieties of songbirds and probably some strange stuff I don't remember, but never crow, nor do I KNOW anyone who ever has..

HOWEVER, I was on a crow hunting forum on the net once and there were people who had eaten them and there were several recipes... Find yourself a crow forum and you'll probably find someone who eats them..
Old 01-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Spike

Default Eating crows

Visit crowbusters.com they have just about everything from how to kill crows to recipes for eating crows.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Spike

you can eat them, but they make better fertilizer than table fare...
Old 02-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

think of it this way. it won't kill you to try it. i'd be willing to give anything a shot at least once (except coyote). or if you want to instead, prepare it without anyone seeing you prepare it, and tell your buddy it's bbq'd duck that you made for him!
Old 02-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

When my dad was a kid in WWII Germany, they use to cook crow over an open fire and trade it with prisoners for chocolate they had in their packs. The prisoners thought it was fantastic. But, then again, they didn't get much meat so they were desparate.

I'll have to ask my dad if they ate it themselves. They were pretty poor so it wouldn't surprise me if they took advantage of any fresh meat they could come across.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

Definatly go to crowbusters.com
We have been crow hunting all winter, and it is FREAKIN' Awesome! Try it out everyone!
BigBuck95
Yes, you can eat them, but i havent personally
Old 02-06-2010, 01:25 AM
Spike

Default Crows

YOU have brought back old memorys thanks Forgot about the fun we had shooting crows 35 plus yrs. ago. Still have my old caller. Now I have something else for my trap gun to do. That clay bird soup always did taste like mud
Old 02-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

Crow hunting is something that is not hard to get set up to do. We made a homemade caller and it works great! Let me know if u want more info about crow hunting. Leave a message on my page here on HNI
Old 02-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Crow hunting is fun. Awesome for kids. All you need is a call, good camo and the ability to stay still. They have keen eyes and they're skittish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.