Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
first Colorado Pheasant of 2010 >

first Colorado Pheasant of 2010

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

first Colorado Pheasant of 2010

Old 01-04-2010, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default first Colorado Pheasant of 2010

I spent Sat hunting pheasant with a few friends in Holyoke and Yuma. Long drive from the Denver area, but well worth it. I would guess we put up around 250 birds. Most all of them would take off around 100 yards out and keep really low the whole way. You could really tell these birds have been hunted hard for the last 6 weeks. We also put up birds on every drive, that doesn't happen very often late in the year. Only took one, but had a great time.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just spent a weekend out east as well. I was hunting them by myself and just hitting the small patches of CR grass and rail tracks. Got a couple of days worth of limits but a whole lot of birds were takin off way out ahead of me. You got one more weekend to hit 'em up.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Spike

bring a dog and run your a** off. haha. thats how we kill those birds flushin a mile out.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

West of I-25 pheasant is open until Jan 31st this year. I am hoping to get some more hunting in