Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Sioux Falls, SD Hotels

Old 10-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sioux Falls, SD Hotels

Folks, heading up to South Dakota for pheasant hunting the weekend before Thanksgiving. My flight actually lands me in Sioux Falls on Wednsday night at 10:30 pm. Buddies are going to pick me up at 6 am next morning on the drive up to the farm for afternoon hunt with the Hutterites (s. of Aberdeen - we have lunch with them first)

I've never actually stayed at the airport before. Anyone have any good recommendations on cheap airport hotels that allow dogs?? ANy recommendations?
Old 11-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Spike

I don't think there is really an "airport hotel" here, but there are a couple of decent hotels right off of I-90 that should let you have dogs.

The Ramada or else the Ramkoda (Ramkota?). Also, just google Sioux Falls hotels and look on the map and see what shows by the interstate.

Here is what I came up with:

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-...=PETS&x=14&y=9

Enjoy hunting here in South Dakota!
Old 11-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Fork Horn

We ended up staying at the Sleep Inn by the airport. Decent enough hotel. Clean room, hot shower. It was $45 the first night, and then we stayed there the night before we left too - it was $60.

Had a taxi for us to the airport, and they gave us a certificate for a free appetizer at Michael's Steak House next door - and the steak house gave us a free beer for being hunters.

Can't beat that!
Old 12-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

someday i am going to work out a plan to go to so.dakota for pheasant hunt and stay with someone there,then let them come to pa. for deer hunting or bear hunt and they can stay with me.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
someday i am going to work out a plan to go to so.dakota for pheasant hunt and stay with someone there,then let them come to pa. for deer hunting or bear hunt and they can stay with me.
Now there's an idea. Too bad I can't take you up on that one. When I go to S.D., I stay on the family farm.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter
Now there's an idea. Too bad I can't take you up on that one. When I go to S.D., I stay on the family farm.
yes, we have great bear hunting here in clinton county,pa.i dont hunt them but know area well to up odds of getting one if lucky.
deer hunting is challenge with all doe killing now but just seeing big mountains of pa is vacation too........