Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Make your own surragator

Old 10-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Make your own surragator

I am very interested ina surragator to increase my pheasant/quail population for dog training/hunting, but I cant justify $2000 for one. Has anyone made there own, I have an idea about building one, but would be interested in what others have done.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:02 AM
Fork Horn

when you get it figured out let me know. lol. That would be a great investment, but a lot of cash to fork out. We have really seen the quail population turn around for the better this year on our property. getting pretty excited.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Spike

That's good to hear about Quail in Kansas! What part of Kansas is your property in? I hunt primarily around Marysville with my father in law. From the reports he has heard, he is pretty optimistic about this season!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

I am hunting around Belleville. Can't wait for season to start!