Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 Dove season around the corner >

Dove season around the corner

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Dove season around the corner

Old 05-01-2003, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Dove season around the corner

I was bored so thought i would make a new post for the fun of it. How did everyone do last year and how often to you go out to pratice and get ready for dove season?, which is just about excatly 4 months away already. Year has gone by pretty fast for me anyway.
Old 05-02-2003, 05:21 PM

Default RE: Dove season around the corner

Good point RH. Personally, I hope to be the best shot ever this year. I only go to the sporting clay course when I am missing in dog training. I have joined a club where we train bird dogs every weekend to prepare and then keep them ready for spring and fall field trials.

I am fortunate because I have the priviledge of being a gun at training. I get to shoot birds year round now. I am going to be ready for this season to start this year. Shoot more, shoot better.
Old 05-04-2003, 05:25 PM

I don' tn know where everybody else lives ,but here in albuquerque nm [the city] there are more doves in town then there were down south in nm when I hunted last year.I see dove on the way to work , at work ,and at home.It was warm this winter in Nm so maybe thats it.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:09 PM

They say it takes 8 shells to bag one dove -- if this is true, then I didn' t do to bad last season. Also, I did shoot one double.

Old 05-09-2003, 10:50 AM

dont think ive shot ten doves the last five years, ruff and blue grouse open the same day, and those pointing dogs love grouse. my dogs hate me right know, due to fishing being so good!
Old 05-09-2003, 01:43 PM
Typical Buck

yesterday i planted about 5 acres of perdovik black oil sunflowers. it' s surrounded by about 3 acres of wheat. in mid august i' ll start bush hogging the wheat, and i' ll bush hog the sunflowers when they' re ready. there' s a couple very small patches of corn here and there, mostly for cover.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:08 PM

to get ready for wingshooting i go shoot some clays
Old 05-18-2003, 04:45 PM

Here in albuquerque nm we have more dove in town then I saw in the field last year.Sure hope they fly south ,about forty miles, for hunting season.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I kinda practice all year long, 2-3 visits to the skeet range each month. Busting clays is fun, but I can' t seem to find a good recipe Hoping to make some feather fly come October.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:28 PM
Typical Buck

how far do those doves migrate in hawaii? from the north shore to the south, from the mountains to near the ocean?

Quick Reply: Dove season around the corner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.