Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

heading for South Dakota

Old 10-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default heading for South Dakota

Leaving wed. for South Dakota. Starting to get excited was there last year for the first time. Got some privite land we are hunting hope they got the corn up this year last year it was so wet they couldn't harvest the corn. Was hard hunting the first couple of days of the season. I guess the only draw back is the drive up there from south Florida. Good luck this year everyone and be careful. Jerry
Old 10-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: heading for South Dakota

Good luck Jerry.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Spike

I have been waiting for opening weekend for months! Can't wait - doing some duck hunting Friday, then pheasants all weekend in Gregory County!
Old 10-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

What part of the state are you hunting? I'm gonna tell ya, there hasn't been an acre of corn harvested yet.. But if you have some private land to hunt you should still be able to find plenty of birds. Good luck!
Old 10-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Spike

A lot of sunflowers planted for the first time in years where I will be hunting this year. Should be interesting hunting. Besides.... opening weekend is always awesome for birds!
Old 10-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

we will be hunting around watertown.Which is east central south Dakota.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

I will be hunting just to the east of you, just south of Milbank. Quite a few birds where I will be hunting, my dad shot his limit last Saturday during the resident only/public land only hunt. Looks like the weather will cooperate with us this weekend so it should be pretty fun!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

The latest SD harvest report shows that 11% of the corn is out, compared to last year at this time when there was 32% out. Of course most of that will be local specific. Some areas have been working on corn for several days already, while many havne't even started yet.

I have been seeing a lot of birds though. So I would suspect that the high numbers will keep hunters busy...
Old 10-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Spike

I have familly in SD. I'll be hunting with them for pheasant this weekend!But, I will be in washington st.while they are huntingsome privateland in south dakota. We will merge our hunts on sunday night!
Old 10-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Spike

We hunt north central part of the state on private land. There is no corn out up there except for where it was maybe used for silage. Its still too green and we haven't seen a hard frost yet either. Great crop though, will definately keep hunters from shooting out of it since its oh about 7-8ft tall stuff. Good luck to everyone, we'll be in our crp!

Quick Reply: heading for South Dakota

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.