HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Upland Bird Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upland-bird-hunting-8/)
-   -   Upland Contest Teams and Scoring Sheet (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/upland-bird-hunting/260765-upland-contest-teams-scoring-sheet.html)

Oneshot7 09-02-2008 06:30 PM

RE: Upland Contest Teams and Scoring Sheet

got 4 to score:D

skybuster20ga 09-02-2008 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: mongorunner

ORIGINAL: skybuster20ga

we dont even have a dove season[:@]

they don't migrate that far north :D:D
no we ahve them around we just cant shoot them. stupid law huh!

Icetrey 09-03-2008 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Oneshot7

got 4 to score:D
Pics?

mongorunner 09-03-2008 09:30 PM

icetrey how yall hunt dove down in your part of Texas?

jstep89 09-06-2008 05:11 PM

heres the 6 (the 6 on the right) that i shot on opening day. ive got another pic thati need to get off of my friends camera that has 3 more on the 3rd day of the season.

Icetrey 09-06-2008 09:51 PM

ORIGINAL: jstep89

heres the 6 (the 6 on the right) that i shot on opening day. ive got another pic thati need to get off of my friends camera that has 3 more on the 3rd day of the season.
Still lookin for another team member, but when I find one yall'l have 30 points...

Icetrey 09-06-2008 10:00 PM

ORIGINAL: mongorunner

icetrey how yall hunt dove down in your part of Texas?
Well, its different for different areas. One properety we dove hunt at there is a 100 or so acre field and the man that has leased our place plants oats during the winter but nothing the rest of the year. This field grows into sunflowers. In July, well preferably August, he shredds the entire field leaving the dead dried up seeds behind. Then comes the doves. As for hunting these doves we have at one corner there is a wooded section that used to floood and is now dried up and growed up. In the evenings as they head to roost, lots will come over these woods and head home. Also there is creek that runs down a part of the field. The creek drops of and comes back up on the other side. The creek is about 30 yards wide and drops about 10 foot from the field. We can set up in the creek which only has 2 big pools near the creek and have a man or so up top as well.

Another property there is a big tank. Back off to the side and running down the property line is property full of weesatch and other wild plants. This is where these doves roost. With me on the side of the tank that is about 40 yards from this line and a section of woods running perpendicular to this tank, the doves will come down the trees and head to the roost and turn off right in my spot. With someon else on the other end, they can catch doves coming from the opposite way heading to far away roosts.

We also have a few more methods but theres a general idea

npaden 09-06-2008 10:21 PM

I got to go out and hunt at the house this evening. (I live in the country on 42 acres). My trusty bird dogs (one full blood rottweiler and one 3 legged 1/2 rottweiler 1/2 brittnay spaniel) helped out. Only the full blood rott wanted to pose for the picture though. She was wet because she spent the last hour hanging out in the pond unless she had a bird to retrieve.

Just 5 tonight. Should have had about twice that many but I'm kind of rusty.

Icetrey 09-07-2008 11:04 AM

Updated

mongorunner 09-07-2008 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: npaden

I got to go out and hunt at the house this evening. (I live in the country on 42 acres). My trusty bird dogs (one full blood rottweiler and one 3 legged 1/2 rottweiler 1/2 brittnay spaniel) helped out. Only the full blood rott wanted to pose for the picture though. She was wet because she spent the last hour hanging out in the pond unless she had a bird to retrieve.

Just 5 tonight. Should have had about twice that many but I'm kind of rusty.

good lookin huntin dog :D congrats on the kills!