Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 2008 Upland Hunting Contest Sign-up till Aug. 31 >

2008 Upland Hunting Contest Sign-up till Aug. 31

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

2008 Upland Hunting Contest Sign-up till Aug. 31

Old 08-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: No Upland hunting contest???

Heres a list. Copy and paste it then add your name
1. Icetrey
2. mongorunner
3. Edcyclopedia
4. skybuster20ga
5. The Rev
6. rimjob rob
7. petrey10
8. millagerobert
9. catchemrob
10. Wlfdg
11. countryboy6990

Somebody say ya or nay on the dogs. If nobody else is up for it, Ill have to drop it Ed

Old 08-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2008 Upland Hunting Contest Sign-up till Aug. 31

im in

Old 08-27-2008, 10:18 PM

Every Year this upland bird contest comes up.
No One that is a advid bird hunter everparticipates.
It is always the folks with the deerpicture in their avatar or folks with signatures that include their arsonal of bow hunting products.
Real upland hunters are more conservation mindedthan to try to win a stupid contest and get points for everything they kill.
If you really want a Upland Contest. Lets see who will actually do something for upland game birds.
1. promote habitat for upland game birds.
2. Hunt the predators that feed on them since no one else will.
3.Join aConservation Group that actually does something to help upland game birds.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: daleh

It is always the folks with the deerpicture in their avatar or folks with signatures that include their arsonal of bow hunting products.
Real upland hunters are more conservation mindedthan to try to win a stupid contest and get points for everything they kill.
If you really want a Upland Contest. Lets see who will actually do something for upland game birds.
3.Join aConservation Group that actually does something to help upland game birds.
Your full of sh#$, sound familiar Dale?
If you don't like it, don't read it, pretty simple ha!
Really not a good way to promote the web sites in your sig.
So if you have something a little more positive to add then we love to hear it.

In regards to your suggestions...

1. I Cultivate land in my area for the game,
not to run a business off of.
This is just for pure fun and respect, for the chance to be in the woods and the game I love to hunt.
2. By the way, I have shoot many coyotes.
3. Belonged to the ruffed grouse society, Ducks unlimited help with local Game Wardens, etc.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea that was a pretty pointless post dale. if we want to have a good time w/ a friendly contest, whats it to you if your not in it? no different then any one of the many derr hunting contests really. im a very avid bird hunter along w/ my wire haired griffon but im not on a high horse such as yourself.......weird huh
Old 08-28-2008, 02:17 PM

Count me in!! What about snipe?? No... seriously add them.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

I think its safe to say you dont wanna play???
Old 08-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

1. Icetrey
2. mongorunner
3. Edcyclopedia
4. skybuster20ga
5. The Rev
6. rimjob rob
7. petrey10
8. millagerobert
9. catchemrob
10. Wlfdg
11. countryboy6990
12. Oneshot7
13. FLboy77

COPY AND PASTE THE LIST
Old 08-28-2008, 08:16 PM

Old 08-29-2008, 12:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

Your full of sh#$, sound familiar Dale?
If you don't like it, don't read it, pretty simple ha!
Really not a good way to promote the web sites in your sig.
So if you have something a little more positive to add then we love to hear it.

In regards to your suggestions...

1. I Cultivate land in my area for the game,
not to run a business off of.
This is just for pure fun and respect, for the chance to be in the woods and the game I love to hunt.
2. By the way, I have shoot many coyotes.
3. Belonged to the ruffed grouse society, Ducks unlimited help with local Game Wardens, etc.
Full of S%$# was not directed to you in an earleir post if it was I would have made it clear when you asked.
Well now I'm saying you are full of it
You cultivate land to hunt on, not to contribute to upland bird habitat, Haven't you learned anything from your Grouse Society. Uncultivated natural grass areas is whatupland birdslack for nesting and brooding areas.
1. To answere your questions you should have just looked at my website.
Yes, I run a conservation minded hunting business.
On 25,000 acres I only hunt wild quail 6 weeks out of the 14 week season. We shoot covey rise only and do nothunt singles. Not to mention the countless man hours and expenses that are incurred just to balance a delicate ecosystem for wild quial that no one else has enough of to hunt in the south. You really think the Plantations that run a full season on 4,000 acres have not killed off all the wild birds?
What else do I do for wildlife, I rent another 3600 acres that never gets hunted at all. It ajoins my place, gets burned every year, edges of natural grass are left alone all over it, and crops are managed. No crop on my leased land will ever be anything other than small grains. No cotton or Tabacco. It also gets trapped every year to get rid of fur-bearing nest robbers.It is part of my personal contribution to try to bring bob-white quail back to the South. It is open to studies from Universities, wildlife agencies, and conservation organizations but, no hunting.
I support lots of conservation foundations raising more than 20,000 per year at their auctions through my donations.
Also contribute allot of time and equipment to local land owners implementing the cp-33 (buffer) program and WHIP programs.
I buy standing crops and actually pay farmers to leave 2-3 rows of beans in areas that I fell would be benifical to quail.
Since my local QU chapter is tapped out from replacing gates in their sponseredareas that inconsiderate deer hunters tear down to go get their poor lost deer hounds that they turned loose to trespass with in the begining.
2. You shoot Coyotes because they kill baby deer notbecause you are actually trying to do something to help upland birds. Try shooting some nest robbers like oposums, racoons, snakes, foxes, ferrel cats, skunks, andbobcats.
3. Just how do you help the game wardens in respect to doing something for upland birds?I would like to know and maybe I could help them down here as well.

Quick Reply: 2008 Upland Hunting Contest Sign-up till Aug. 31

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.