Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

south dakota pheasants

Old 11-21-2007, 09:11 PM

Default south dakota pheasants

Some buddies and i are headed to Webster, South Dakota for a pheasant hunt. we are going to try are luck at some public ground. (Anyone know some good places in that area.) But if that does not work i am looking for some private land owners who would give us a reasonable price. ( Does anyone know any)
Old 11-23-2007, 09:28 AM

Default RE: south dakota pheasants

webster south dakota thats supposed to be like extremely good duck hunting but im not familiar with that area to help ya out with pleasants. hopefully u hunt when its colder out cause when i went out there it was liek 60's and the friggen birds were all over the place so hopefully its cold so they will bunch up. i wish icould get back out their again this year ur lucky!!
Old 11-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm typing this from my laptop from a hotel in Aberdeen SD arrived here today, scouted some public land near Ipswitch. Heading out tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes. First trip out here 3 weeks ago was not so good, guys around here say its heating up.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:33 PM

If you need help putting together a trip to South Dakota I would be glad to help.

Dave
Old 12-19-2007, 06:26 AM

try walking the road ditches from 12:00-2:00. We have lots of luck doing this.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:32 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: treedaddy

try walking the road ditches from 12:00-2:00. We have lots of luck doing this.
If you come to SD please have ground lined up even if its public. road huntin isnt hunting. and rarely anyone follows the laws abiding to them. Most shootintoprivate property and cant help themselves going through the ditch into private property.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Spike

Gethuntin is right, road hunting is not hunting. My last trip their several locals ask me how the hunting was. Birds were really wild and I told them things were tough. Everyone said well have tried road hunting, I politely said no thanks I prefer to use my dog not my truck.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

The problem with roadhunters is 90% of the time they are drinking while doing it. Last nite I was out doing some coyote calling and I had some guys get onto my land, when I got up to their suburban I noticed a bunch of open containers. I politely asked them to get off my property and if they wanted to drink go to the bar. I did take down their license plate and told them that if I find any empty beer bottles that I will be turning them in.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Rammer

The problem with roadhunters is 90% of the time they are drinking while doing it. Last nite I was out doing some coyote calling and I had some guys get onto my land, when I got up to their suburban I noticed a bunch of open containers. I politely asked them to get off my property and if they wanted to drink go to the bar. I did take down their license plate and told them that if I find any empty beer bottles that I will be turning them in.
I dont think drinking is an excuse for tresspassing. They know what they are doing is wrong, u handled it how you wanted but i get pissed if they ruin my hunts while killing game on my ground illegally.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Normally I do turn the guys in. I just didn't feel like the hassle. The problem we have here is pay hunters. We have alot of pay hunting operations around here, once they limit out pay hunting, they get bored and go road hunting and shoot another limit. It is starting to be a real problem here, mainly with one outfitter. He has been approached by a few others here, and the problem is being resolved. These were also his hunters I caught on my land.

Quick Reply: south dakota pheasants

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.