Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 Franchi Renaissance Field O/U ? >

Franchi Renaissance Field O/U ?

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Franchi Renaissance Field O/U ?

Old 11-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Franchi Renaissance Field O/U ?

Anyone out there have one of these Franchi Renaissance Field o/u's ???? I'm really considering one in a 20 gauge. Just what opinions owners may have.

-MC2
Old 11-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Franchi Renaissance Field O/U ?

Love mine.
Just over 6 lbs. in an O/U 12!I've got the Renaissance Classic in 12 ga. 28"
That gel pad is something else. Iwent toa party awhile back at a nearby sportsman's club with open range trap/skeet/clays and shot it ALOT. Hardly could tell the next day.

The guys in my NAVHDA chapter are die hards for Franchis and turned me on to 'em. I wouldn't say it's the best gun out there, but it's darn nice for the $$$.
Always wished I could've found the Alcione TIthat came with 12 and 20 O/U barrels...that was the $h#@. Got mine for $999 with free shipping thru Joe's Sporting Goods in MN. I know they've got some at Midwest Shooters Supply (or did) and some at Dick's Sporting Goods and Scheel's.

I put a TruGlo front bead on mine thatclips over the vent
rib. Works well.

Where you at in WI?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

I'm in Plymouth. I was going to order it from Daane's in Oostburg if you are familiar with them?
What club do you shoot at in West Bend?

I actually just sold my Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting because I never used it for hunting (very heavy). I like the idea of have a much lighter gun when I march the long fields of South Dakota or even on game farms.

So the recoil pad is all that Franchi says it is? 40% less recoil?

Thanks for the feedback neighbor.

MC2
Old 11-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mathewsconquest2

I'm in Plymouth. I was going to order it from Daane's in Oostburg if you are familiar with them?
What club do you shoot at in West Bend?

I actually just sold my Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting because I never used it for hunting (very heavy). I like the idea of have a much lighter gun when I march the long fields of South Dakota or even on game farms.

So the recoil pad is all that Franchi says it is? 40% less recoil?

Thanks for the feedback neighbor.

MC2
I shoot wherever I can. The party was for a friend at the New Fane Sportsman's Club. I sub for trap in Hartford and have shot at the Daniel Boone in Hubertus, the Newburg Club, and the West Bend-Barton Sportsman's club....I'll be there (WBBSC) sighting in 2 rifles tomorrow morning.

Love it up there near you. I ref alot of HS football up that way:Cedar Grove, Campbellsport, etc...Got some friends in Cascade too.My father-in-law used to work at Road America andI used to work with a guy whose Dad ownedB&D Auto(Jeff Deane?) up there in Plymouth and I have some family in Belgium. Haven't been to the races up there in awhile.

I know those guys somewhat...I almost bought a gun thru them that I saw on Gunbroker.com. I've talked to them quite a few times, and they've got quite a few items and seemto know their stuff well. They had 2 or 3 Franchis when I was hot on the market...but they were limitedswith longer barrelsthat were really worth a bunch and I didn't have the coin.

I wouldn't be suprised if every new gun has that pad before long....it's that good.

Take care and good luck this year. Week from right now I'll be setting up stands near Eau Claire....can't wait.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

I'm actually from the Brookfield/ Menomonee Falls area and then moved to Belgium after I got married and lived there for 10 years. We moved further north to Plymouth four years ago(to add to my long and stressfull commute to Milwaukee). My wife is the Plymouth native. My wife knows a lot of people up here. I only know some of the people who work for my father in law's company and few involved in the youth soccer program.

I ordered my Franchi Ren. Field from Daane's but it won't be in until the end of December or early January. A new gun is always a good way to start the new year !!!!!

I can't wait to start shooting clays and birds with it.

Thanks for the information. I'm sure I will like the Franchi 20 gauge. Anybody shoot clays or trap with a 20 gauge (first 20 gauge) ????
Old 11-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

Boy, and I thought I had a haul to Brookfield from West Bend.

You'll like it. That'll be the last gun on my mind until about December 1st. Looking forward to this weekend.

Some older guys I know down here shoot 20 gauge...just to staysharp for theirbird hunting trips.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

I hear you. I finally have my TC Omega shooting where I want it for this weekend. Hope it goes better than my bow season.

Good Luck and safe hunting !!

MC2
Old 11-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

Friend has the 20 ga Renaissance w/ 26" barrels and she loves it. I've shot it a few times and it's a great little gun. I preferred the previous barrel selector (Alcione)
Hubby has the Alcione 12/20 combo both with 28" & 26" barrels and loves it. He shots a lot of field trials and "needed" another gun and picked up the Beretta White Onyx Sporting gun (had the safety converted to field vs target) and that one has 32" barrels. That's his primary gun now. He still carries the 12/20 combo gun when we hunt. Loves the 20 for dove and quail.

I have a buddy who runs a gun shop in Huntsville, TX. If you have a Franchi that is made to work with another barrel set he may be able to help you.
www.ableammo.com