Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Leaving for SD

Old 10-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Leaving for SD

1st post here, I usually hang out in the bowhunting forum. 6 of us guys are heading out to SD today for some phesant action. Wish us luck, pics to follow. Good luck guys!
Old 10-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Leaving for SD

Don't come. All the pheasants have the bird flu I shot my limit last Sunday in the rain during the resident only 3 day season. Man were they tasty. Don't hunt for them much anymore. Where are you hunting? I live in Winner and our farm is about 10 miles east and 2 north of Winner. Plenty of birds every where you go this year. Good luck. One more thing, if you are in the Winner area don't drive drunk. I am a police officer and would hate to arrest a HNI member. Our drunk tanks fill up fast opening weekend.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:53 PM

haha[/align]
Old 10-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mtfreezer

Don't come. All the pheasants have the bird flu I shot my limit last Sunday in the rain during the resident only 3 day season. Man were they tasty. Don't hunt for them much anymore. Where are you hunting? I live in Winner and our farm is about 10 miles east and 2 north of Winner. Plenty of birds every where you go this year. Good luck. One more thing, if you are in the Winner area don't drive drunk. I am a police officer and would hate to arrest a HNI member. Our drunk tanks fill up fast opening weekend.
Shot our limits sat and sunday. We were in hill country, near leola. Never have been there, we had a friend in Aberdeen and he lost some land. Had a blast, dog worked well. Oh, and I'm only 18 and in college, what does beer taste like??[8D]
Old 10-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

So where is the best spot about 8 hours from Denver? Nobody seems to want to help with this question.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:49 PM

I've never hunted pheasants west river so i couldn't tell you. I've always been hunting between Chamberlain to Alexandria and +/- 20 miles North/South of I-90.