Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Has anyone bird hunted?

Old 03-12-2007, 04:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Has anyone bird hunted?

Yes a nice picture.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Yep, I've quail hunted (love it) and I've grouse hunted. I've got 2 English Setters. Great dogs. Now that I've been on this topic, I'm waiting on quail season. By the way GREAT pic daleh. What kind of dog is it?

EnglishHope
Old 03-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

I didn't get a chance to bird hunt this year because of the horrible draught we had last summer. It killed the majority of the hatch of wild birds, and the ones that did survive I felt it best to let them repopulate our farms again. We usually run up to Kansas once a year for a pheasant hunt but everyone was too busy and we never could work out a weekend.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:08 PM

I hunt TRULY wild pheasants and wouldn't do it any other way and enjoy it much.

I have an English Setter that hunts wonderfully and loves me tons. I have an old reliable semi auto thatI take and I have a blast. I managed to get 12 wild birds this season which is not amazing but very good for me in our area.

I did hunt a game farm once with pen raised birds and it was not the same. I much prefer wild birds and hope I am able to hunt them for many, many years to come.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:23 PM

i had posted a pic already lol

[email protected]
Old 03-18-2007, 07:48 PM

I shot about 50 wild pheasants and about the same at the game farm training my pup. I LOVE hunting pheasants
Old 04-07-2007, 10:19 AM

Finished up the season and i have been working on habitat as hard as i can lightly disking some areas and burning others.
The most important thing about habitat is leaving stuff alone you can't burn, mow, or disk everything you must leave alot alone

Old 04-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cool pictures. I haven't done any bird hunting in the last few years but that will change (hopefully) this year come around dove season
Old 04-19-2007, 08:50 PM

New Today
I Found the First Quail Egg
No Nest just a lone quail egg we had some wierd weather, hopefully we will get multiple hatches this year
Old 04-22-2007, 07:17 PM

I wish we had some quail and pheasants in Louisiana. I guess the fire ants are too hard on them.

Quick Reply: Has anyone bird hunted?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.