Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Kansas hunting....

Old 08-01-2006, 05:33 PM

Default Kansas hunting....

I'll be doing some pheasant hunting in Kansas this fall. My dad lives in the KC area, and we will only have 3 days to hunt so I need to stay in the Eastern part of the state. I've checked out KDWP and am continuing to do so, but I am looking for info on public grounds to hunt on. Any input would be valuable.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:04 AM

Default RE: Kansas hunting....

KansasHuntMaps.com if you need information on where to hunt in Kansas. They have clear color aerial photos of all of the 2,500 sites of walk-in public hunting covering over 1,000,000 acres in Kansas.Check out the ground cover, do your scouting from home. If you need GPS coordinates to help you find these areas, They also have them available.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

there's no pheasants in southeast kansas.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:11 PM

FOR $90 A YEAR????!!!!!! Buddy, you and your spamming post can forget it!!!!! I thought you were onto something for a minute there, too. No more emails, either, if you don't mind. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Yo Mo,

You might want to reconsider that pheasant hunt in Southeast Kansas. I live in Southwest Kansas and it looks like it just might be a good year over here. Just a little more rain and it should get them over the hump. I've hunted quail over in Southeast Kansas for 25 years and yet to see a wild pheasant over there.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

i live in southeast kansas, and in my 39 years of life i have never seen a wild pheasant around here. i've heard there are some around arkansas city, but that is too far of a drive for you. have you considered hunting in nebraska?
Old 08-09-2006, 05:22 AM

Sorry if you think $90/yr is too steep for access to KansasHuntMaps.com We have 2,500 hunting areaswith color aerial photos. That is less that 4 cents per area. If you want to drive to every one of the 2,553 sitesto check out the ground cover, you are buying your gas somewhere other than me.

You are right, you can view free aerial photos. Problem is:
1. The poor quality and age of the free ones
2. How do you find the right photo for the huinting area?

I have clear 2005 aerial photography all indexed and linked to take you directly to it. County road maps are included and GPS points are available if you are one of those hi-tech hunters.

You need to re-think if $90/yr is too much, I think it is a bargin.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:58 AM
Typical Buck

what if someone wanted a map to just one area, would you charge the $90? it's sort of like a 2553 item all you can eat buffet for $90 when all you want is just hamburger.

out of 2553 areas, i might be interested in buying a map for about 10 places. the other 2543 places i'll probably never visit.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:52 AM

Sorry
The membership you get the full buffet. If you only use 10 of them, that averages out to $9.00/ area. For me to have some detail information on where I am hunting for only $9.00 is a bargan. If you hurry, membership is on E-bay at a discounted price. We are currently updating for the 06/07 season. There are now 2,666 areas!

Old 08-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

It looks like the maps are indexed from the free Walk In Hunting Area atlas that the state publishes, and that the actual photographs are just taken from Google Earth color enhanced photos. I recognized some of the pictures from some other wildlife publications.

Quick Reply: Kansas hunting....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.