Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 Has any one seen the new Rem. OU >

Has any one seen the new Rem. OU

Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Has any one seen the new Rem. OU

Old 03-12-2006, 11:11 AM

Default Has any one seen the new Rem. OU

Those new Rem. Spartins look like a good gun. I used one of the Bacals (not sure how to spell that) for a year and realy liked it, then I had to give it back to its owner . It was a 20 ou with a 26 in barrel.Now I see that Rem has bought them and has made them alittle nicer on the eyes. Any one shoot one yet, if so how did ya like it? The only thing I didnt like about the Bacal was the stif brake, but I got used to it.

I wish I could shoot an American made over under but they are alittle out of my price range, owell my pumps are all USA made.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:22 PM

Default RE: Has any one seen the new Rem. OU

i got one of them, shoots just fine for me
Old 03-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

Let's put it this way ,I hope Remington got it right this time. The "new" Premier O/U is made in Italy and from outward apperience looks like it could be of a Beretta or Rizinni manufacture. I'd be interested in seeing one when they get on the rack at a local dealer.
It's ashame Remington has just been a major screw up for years with their auto shotguns and o/u's. One would figure that a company that had a good o/u that ended up being the same gun Krieghoff made could have designed a good o/u. Thier last Premier into had problems and was taken off the market. Hopefully this one is what it should be.
The SxS offering while being funtional is really nothing special and isa clubwhen compared to a decentSxS's.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:21 PM

I had a rem Spartan 12 ga O/U for a while. They freakin kick like a mule. I could not believe it. Ended up selling it due to from repetative tissue damage of my shoulder! Maybe a 20 ga would not be to bad. Also there trigger pull sucks. Other than that they seem like good guns. I'll never buy one again. I guess you get what you pay for but its hard to justify the price tag of a good double barrel shot gun.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:28 AM

Ruddy I am alittle confused were is the Spartan made? I thought it was a Russian Bakal. Are you refering to there top of the line OU as being made in Italy?

I have a late 70s Rem 870 Wingmaster 20g.and a 2002 12 g. 870 Wingmaster. Same model, but there is no comparison the 70s model is3 times the gun, it is smoth, neverjames, and the wood is vary nice with great checkering. The 12 g.james, not as smoth andyes the wood is nice but the checkeringis stamped and I dont likeit at all.

Old 03-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

The Remington Premier is a different shotgun from the Spartan or their 332. It is being made in Italy according to thier website.

Old 03-19-2006, 03:22 PM

We are confusing the "Spartan" and the "Premier" grades here. I have not seen the premier, nor do I know anything about it, but I have handled one 12 Guage "Spartan" and was very disappointed. I expected Remington to require at least a reasonable wood to metal fit, but they obviously bought the cheapest model available (assuming, of curse that the piece I handled was representative). The "Cheap" O/U that has impressed me so far is the the Mossberg "Silver Reserve", which. if I am not mistaken, is a made by Kahn. I believe that Mossberg has put some restrictions on what they will accept from the manufacturer, as the two examples I have handled seemed to be put together better than "Kahn" labeled models I have seen before. This is just my opinion, and I hope it helps, but do not consider thid to be definative information.

Old 03-20-2006, 07:56 AM

Well I guess ya get what ya pay for. I looked at one of the Spartins the other day, not vary nice. The balance was all off, it just wouldnt come up to my sholder.

I think I may just save my money and get a nice gun, maybe a Rugar Red Lable, or a Winchester.