Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Cheney

Old 02-14-2006, 11:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cheney

accident my butt cmon folks lets call it what it was....it was a act of negligence on the part of the vice pres. a accident is somtning that can not be prevented. this could have been prevented if the vice pres had not had his head up his ass!!!! folks coming out of the wood work saying he is the safest hunter they know.... oh boy makes me wanna go hunting with them!!!!!!!NOT!!!!!

Tony
Old 02-15-2006, 05:49 PM

Hunting is a lot like driving. we allmake mistakes! I do it andeveryonethat hunts make safety mistakes. For most of us we make the mistake and no one realizes it. Maybe you are walking and find yourself not paying attention and your gun is pointed in an unsafe direction so you correct it. Hunter safety says you unload your gun before you cross a fence or creek...I don't. Sometimes we take shots we shouldn't but no one gets hurt. And once in a while we make a mistake and someone does get hurt.

In an ideal world mistakes and the accidents that follow wouldn't happen. Saying it was negligent sounds to me like he took a shot he new could have cause this guy injury but took it anyway and it resulted in the man being injured. As far as I can tell he took the shot and then realized the man was standing there.

Hands down he made a mistake but to chastise him for that isn’t right. He has admitted his mistake and the media needs to turn attention back to the news stories that really mater!

Old 02-15-2006, 07:58 PM

jashoffa,
Well Put!
an act of negligence is something that lawyers spend alot of time advertising in court cases
" the art of advertising is making whole lies out of half truths" Mark Twain
Old 02-15-2006, 09:39 PM

Accident or negligent, one thing is for sure-if it was an ordinary citizen, that person would be in a huge legal battle, of most that person could not handle by any financial means, and would not get any special treatment. Now, I do believe that Cheney, and any other sensible human like him would be feeling really low, but should also wake him up on being a more aware hunter, period. But in the long run, with all the political and hidden agenda attacks, this one act, accident or negligent doings, will give the responsible, no accident on the belt gun owner a bad rap, just because there was a gun involved. I bet Dianne Feinstein and her croonies of anti-gun legislation are partying it all up for their new ban on all shotguns....and you know, its that kind of world.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would hunt with Cheney beforecrossing a bridge in a cardriven byTed Kennedy.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:48 AM

Amen brother!!
Old 02-17-2006, 04:10 AM
Fork Horn

Hunting is a lot like driving. we all make mistakes! I do it and everyone that hunts make safety mistakes. For most of us we make the mistake and no one realizes it. Maybe you are walking and find yourself not paying attention and your gun is pointed in an unsafe direction so you correct it. Hunter safety says you unload your gun before you cross a fence or creek...I don't. Sometimes we take shots we shouldn't but no one gets hurt. And once in a while we make a mistake and someone does get hurt.

In an ideal world mistakes and the accidents that follow wouldn't happen. Saying it was negligent sounds to me like he took a shot he new could have cause this guy injury but took it anyway and it resulted in the man being injured. As far as I can tell he took the shot and then realized the man was standing there.

Hands down he made a mistake but to chastise him for that isn’t right. He has admitted his mistake and the media needs to turn attention back to the news stories that really mater!

Very well said.

Most of us try to be as safe as we can but things like this can happen at any time safe or not.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:35 PM

I would hunt with Cheney before crossing a bridge in a car driven by Ted Kennedy.
Not a chance, and Ted Kennedy's politics are better than that hypocrite NAZI Cheney, any day. Hands down.[&:]
Old 02-18-2006, 06:52 AM

That's the problem with the American Left today...instead of legitimate ideological differences or debate, they opt for insults and falsehoods.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:55 AM

You POSTED are a falsehood. Cheney and the rest of his rightwing crowd have taken up gun rights, hunting rights, and gun ownership as how and what they preach to appeal to the countyry rednecks. The beauty is that when Cheney does go hunting, he shoots a hunting partner. Everybody then jumps to his aid and carries the water for his irresponsibility.[&:] Then on top of that he is hunting on a 50,000 acres PRIVATE ranch. A ranch that you or I would never be allowed to set foot on, if we so much as asked to walk our dog. The biggest laugh is Bush/Cheney preach their BS false patriotism and keep trying to milk 911. They have taken a whole country into an ocupation on false information. If you check their legislation and policies they are cutting the veterans benefits. They want you to fight for their interests, but don't want to pay for it. They are hypocrites. Don't be duped too!! You POSTED need to quit getting your information from the likes of Limbaugh and Hannity. You talk about propoganda! The Third Riech had nothing on these guys!![&:] The greatest enemy of the working american is the republican party. Wise up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.