Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Fogged eye glasses

Old 04-17-2005, 07:05 AM

Default Fogged eye glasses

Has anyone discovered a way to stop glasses from fogging up? I wear a 3/4 mask and I have a hole cut out for my mouth. My biggest problem is fogging from my body heat from sweating, especially later in the morning. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Fogged eye glasses

No I don't think there is a good solution to fix the fogging problem especially on those hot sticky morning, Thats one of the main reasons I went to contacts.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can get an anti-fog compound to rub onto the lenses at a place that sells glasses. Last winter I discovered that plain old liquid dish soap rubbed onto the lenses does the same thing. Put a drop or two on each side and rub it in til the glass is clear. Don't use water. It works.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Wingbone is correct... liquid dish soap will work if applied in the fashion he outlined above.

Another method is to use an anti-fog spray. I was not able to find it at my area eyeglass offices, but I did find some at the paintball field. A company called 32 Degrees makes a non aresol spray for paintball mask lenses that works like a charm on eyeglasses. I imagine that any store that sells paintball supplies could get you a bottle if they didn't already have some on hand.

I've been using the same bottle, (pretty small), for the last 4 years and still have plenty left. It doesn't cost much and works even on the hottest of days afield.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Patchboy, I have used Rain-X. Just a little on a lens Tissue and
rub till lens is clear.Do not rub fingers in your eyes, do It before
going into the woods and wash your hands.Will last for about a
week.Also motorcycle shops sell one that is used on helmet shields.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:06 AM
Fork Horn

Like the earlier post says.go to any sporting goods store that deals in paintball and pick up the anti-fog spray/solution that they use on the masks............works great!
Old 04-20-2005, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I used to have that problem before I went to contacts. Then I had keravision intacs implanted in my cornea and don't need anything anymore. If you are old enough (30?) to have stabilized vision for a few years, look into lazer vision correction. Hunting is just ANOTHER of the many reasons it would be worth a few thousand dollars.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Smear Kat Krap(sp?) on those lenses .
Seriously , it's a real anti-fog product sold through ski supply companies and it works great . Just do a search for "Kat Krap" .
Old 04-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try some good ol shaving cream
Old 04-20-2005, 12:52 PM

I use Rain X Antifog that I bought at Walmart. I tried contacts last year, but came home with very tired eyes everyday so went back to my glasses this year. While scouting, I noticed they were fogging. Haven't had the problem since applying the Rain X.

Quick Reply: Fogged eye glasses

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.