Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Whats the BEST call?

Old 04-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Spike

Default Whats the BEST call?

What are your guys favorite turkey call, if you could only pick one for the rest of the season? I would have to take my quaker boy box call. either that or one of my mouth diaphrams. What do yall think are the best calls out there right now.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:58 PM

Default RE: Whats the BEST call?

Well until i met a Great friend who uses Backwoods Calls i only thought about Primos calls and after he showed me his Call i was hooked!!!

That call sounded like a tom was sitting right beside me and it was amazing to hear how close to a real wild turkey that call was...

Each Backwoods calls are made to order and available with your choice of glass, slate, or crystal and they look Mighty Good!!!

I know for a fact next season their will be a Backwoods Call in my Turkey Vest!!!!!

Here come on in and take a look for your self, it's the best 10 minutes you'll ever want to spend...

Backwoods calls
Old 04-06-2005, 05:11 PM

The one the turkey responds to and brings him in.

If I had to take only one, it would be my Lynch box.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:46 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure everyone has their favorite. I get the best results from the Primos Power Crystal. According to the results of the NWTF National convention, the best friction call maker in the country is Larry Bean (Memory Maker Calls).
Old 04-06-2005, 09:30 PM

I have a Larry Bean wormy butternut glass call similar to what he won with at the Convention and let me just say it is incredible how this call breaks. He truely makes a great call!
Old 04-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know i like "The Freak" its got great sound and straps to your leg for one hand use.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:49 PM

I would have to say my favorite call by far is my Backwoods Calls Purpleheart Glass/Slate.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Freak is probably my favorite, I owe a couple of turkeys to that one. Not that anyone asked, but my Hurricane box call is probably my least favorite. Doesn't sound right to my ears.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:16 AM

I would have to say the Freak w/crstal.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Primos power crystal works great for me.

Quick Reply: Whats the BEST call?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.