Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Hooks Calls?  Anybody tried 'em? >

Hooks Calls? Anybody tried 'em?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Hooks Calls? Anybody tried 'em?

Old 03-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Hooks Calls? Anybody tried 'em?

Apparently, Don Shipp has "jumped Shipp" and left M.A.D. Calls to join the Hooks Calls team. Shipp is the creator of my all-time favorite call - the Shippwreck, which he used to win the NWTF championship.

Anyway, M.A.D. has discontinued the Shippwreck and Hooks is now making a call named the "Sassy Gal" which is strikingly similar to the old Shippwreck.

I'm tempted to order some of them, but I've spent millions on crappy mouthcalls only to have them roundfiled without ever seeing the field. I wanted some feedback before I spend any more money.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:45 PM
JR1

Default RE: Hooks Calls? Anybody tried 'em?

Hooks makes a quality call, but you need to know that they are smaller than the average mouth call. And there is far less tape on them. If you normally don't trim or don't trim much, you may have a hard time using them.

That being said, they do sound good, and I've found them to last as long or longer than any other call out there.