Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL?? >

LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

Old 03-22-2005, 02:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

Were talking about guys laughing "ON CAMERA" in the many Turkey hunting video's out on the market!!! I don't personally care what anyone does after the shot "off" camera, but there are many people who watch those videos, and some might get a sour impression of this sport of ours. Our Hunting rights are being tested every year, so we don't need clowns like those giving anyone more ammo. Read the first post before jumping in on a thread, you just might have a clue what were talking about!!
Old 03-22-2005, 06:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Maytom, What part of NY you from?
Old 03-22-2005, 10:54 AM

Oh come on people. Some people just get all excited and happy after a big accomplishment. I smile and say Yes, Yes , Yes and maybe chuckle a bit after I shoot one.
Whats wrong with that? Ya'll act like people are poking fun at the animal and and saying
"Ha, Ha, I killed your a#$.
Ive watched a ton of these videos and all I see is some hunters that are happy and excited at the end of that adrenlin rush. These videos are supposed to be exciting. I guess they should just shoot the bird and sit there for a minute and then say " well bob, looks like I just got one." Lets walk over there and admire this beautiful bird." Ok Frankl". Lets check it out. " This is supposed to be fun folks. I guess ya'll wont want to go hunting with me. I DO get excited after the shot. And I Do laugh sometimes. I dont see why the people on video should be any different.
I'll try not to get tooo excited next time.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

Holy moly Maytom. Deep breath buddy.

I did read bhw's post again and the first thing I noticed was

I hope that I don't offend anyone....
Kind of telling that a post needs that at the beginning. Indicative of the resposnes that come when people make comments.

I also noticed he said

While watching turkey videoes...
didn't say that it was an issue with
laughing "ON CAMERA" in the many Turkey hunting video's out on the market!!!
Just asked an opinion on laughing after the kill. People giving opinions. That's all.

Your point has merit I think although your presenatations kind of suspect. Things that make you go "hmmmm"
Old 03-22-2005, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

It probably isn't a laugh like something is funny. Rather, it is the outlet of the person's emotion. I've known several people who laugh when nervous or in times of emotion, but surely aren't doing so because something is funny.

The MossyOak commercial doesn't bother me much, in it they say essentially they aren't cool, they're lucky...
Old 03-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I alway give thanks to the man up stairs after a kill. Then I just sit down and kinda come down off a serious high and admire3 my bird

I think anybody that dosent get really worked up after a kill kills to many easy turkeys!!!! Just my 2 cent...
Old 03-22-2005, 05:29 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Guys,

I really wanted to see if I was the only one who felt as I did. I expected a variety of responses and that is fine. Everyone has some valid points.

Let's stick together and have fun with our sport

BHW
Old 03-22-2005, 06:06 PM

What? It got all blown out of proportion?? Not again...........
Old 03-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

nothing ever gets blown out of proportion
Old 03-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Dominant Buck

The video situation is different. They have alot of money tied up into their situation. I agree with you. It makes my wife ticked off and she usually leaves the room when they start laughing. I 've shot lots of game also and have never laughed. I 'm usually quiet and quickly try to leave the area before another hunter sees me in my hot spot.
Chuck

Quick Reply: LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.