Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL?? >

LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

Old 03-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

Yep.

Laughter is an emotion most commonly displayed in funny situations. What's so funny about seeing a deer lying there kicking as it dies?

I've watched some deer kick when they died in front of me and it's not a funny thing. There's a wide variety of emotions you can display, hysterical laughter over a kill is disrespectful.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't think you have the right to judge people as disrespectful if you don't even know them.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I may not be their judge, but I have an opinion about it -- which is the point of this thread.

I don't have to know someone to feel that laughing over a dying animal is disrespectful.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ok whatever, have a nice day.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:49 PM

i dance then laugh I get really excited and cant help it. i have a bad habbit of laughing when they are just out of shooting range too. i dont mean to show disrespected but i just cant help it. i got really happy for baggin my first bird.

Old 03-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Charlie, I don't have a problem with someone showing emotion, I just don't get where the "hysterical laughing" part comes from? I guess I don't see a kill being that funny compared to others. I think it shows disrespect for the game animal that your hunting. Think about it, when can you rememeber "LAUGHING" after shooting an animal? I'm not a peta lover by any means here folks, but I do disagree of the extent that some of those video's go to portraying how funny it is!!
Old 03-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

i usually vomit, so laughter is something i would love to do....
Old 03-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

We have ethics which self-regulate our actions. Now we have a suggestion that ethics should self-regulate our personal emotions???

I don't think they are laughing because they think it is "funny". Laughter is not restricted to comedy or humour. If you win the lottery and laugh are you showing disrespect for the gaming commission who ran the lottery?
Old 03-21-2005, 05:16 PM

Wow, you guys find just about anything to complain about in the off season, don't you?

I laugh after a kill. Am I a horrible person? No. I'm happy. Generally, people laugh when they're happy.

You guys must be the type who don't smile in pictures with your kills, right? I mean, to smile would be showing disrespect to that animal right? Because you took it's life and all. Please.

Old 03-21-2005, 05:21 PM

Some ppl get "buck fever" worse than other ppl, almost making it a cause of stress. The last few minutes before the shot are very stressful in my book, and I know that when I am under stress, as soon as the source of the stress is gone, one of my reactions is to laugh. I am not laughing because I killed a stupid bird, or whatever, I am laughing because a stressful situation has come to a close. Heck, I am downright proud of myself for accomplishing a goal like that, and if my laughing about it offends someone, I gotta tell ya, I don't care.

Quick Reply: LAUGHING AFTER THE KILL??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.