Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Primos Freak

Old 03-05-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Primos Freak

I am thinking of getting a Primos Freak call. My question is: should I get the crystel or composite? Does anyone have experionce with both? Does one sound better? Easier to use? Require less sanding? Any info will help....Thanks
Old 03-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Primos Freak

get the crystal, it sounds way better, IMHO..........i have the other one, sounds good too, i just dont like the bulkyness of it...........you really can't lose with either, they are both good sounding calls.....
Old 03-05-2005, 06:11 PM

While the Freak does sound good and has it's place, You'll get far more use out of a "pot-style" friction call such as a Slate, Crystal, Glass and Aluminum. The Primos" Crystal call sounds great, for a production call....
Old 03-05-2005, 06:40 PM

I prefer the chrystal because to me it sounds more like the real thing. I use both of them and have had turkeys respond to one or the other when the other one would't get any response, they are both good calls for the money but they still aren' like the custom calls.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:46 PM

I Have Crystal I Liked It...But It Got Dropped And Broke So I Threw It Out....The Frictionite I've Tried..It Was Ok.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:12 PM

I'm with Swampbird. Get a pot call with slate. Production calls only sound so good, sick at best. If you guys ever try a custom call you'll forget about those production calls.

That being said. I have a crystal primos call, the feak, i purchased it last year. It sounds horid.

When I started building calls, I would compare the sounds to production calls and then to live turkey audio, there is no comparison, most cutoms are superior depending on the call maker. My opinion is production calls are cheap, they sound cheap. I have called birds in with em though. Some of those hens sound pretty sick too though..

Production calls are mass produced as cheaply as possible to keep costs down and profit up. Ridgeruner
Old 03-05-2005, 08:26 PM

Ive Also Heard Better Production Calls Then Customs..I Got A Custom And My Go To's Are Still Productions.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love the idea of being able to strap that call onto your leg while set-up against a tree.
That's where the "Freak" will shine over a regular friction call. Of the two you mentioned, get the one with the composite surface, that would be less prone to bad weather conditions.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:19 PM
Typical Buck

I own both and have called in gobblers with each. Neither is better
than the other. Either call will be a great addition to your call
collection.

I love the idea of being able to strap that call onto your leg while set-up against a tree.
That's where the "Freak" will shine over a regular friction call.
....no doubt about it! Especially us bowhunters.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:41 AM
Typical Buck

I thought about getting the freak when it first came out, but waited and glad I did. I now have the pan handler and can change out the calls. The freak doesn't have that option. I do however usually use the Primos power crystal in the panhandler and like the combo a lot.

Quick Reply: Primos Freak

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.