Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Hunting Blinds ?

Old 03-02-2005, 06:39 AM

Default Hunting Blinds ?

So i am planning on hunting with a bow this sping. Anyways, i am thinking of buying a blind, a kind of cheap one seeing as i dont have the money for a good one being a college kid and all. Anyways, is using a blind worth it? I mean could i walk in to the woods find a good place and set it up or would it need to be kinda hidden away? I have never used one and need some input on whether it is worth it or not.
Thanks for your help

Theinespines3
Old 03-02-2005, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Blinds ?

Only use my in the Fall for bowhunting turkey and find it to be very helpful. In the Fall though I'm dealing with a lot more sets of eyes than in the Spring. I'm sure you can take one without a blind but it does make it easier with one

Bought mine for like $100 or $130 a few years ago. Looking someday here soon to have a Double Bull blind, the Matrix 360 Now thats a sweet blind but out of my budget right now.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:32 AM

I mean could i walk in to the woods find a good place and set it up or would it need to be kinda hidden away

Tom, Hiding the Blind from Turkeys, is not really needed.Set the Blind Up in the Woods with a Few Hen Dekes positioned if Front of your Blind, and the Turkeys will walk right on in,Most of the Time.Try to eliminate Wind Flap from the Blind, and you should have no Problems. Iv only used Double Bulls,so I really cant comment on anything else that may be available, as to the Workability of the Product.I had a T5 PS, but Im awaiting my New Matrix, suppose to be here Tomorrow! If you try the Blind Hunting, Im sure you will enjoy it,I know I surely do! Good Luck! Ill let you know how the Matrix compares.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

When hunting out of a blind for turkeys just throw the blind up anywhere. It can be placed anywhere even an open field. The turkeys for some reason dont pay much attention to it. The most important thing though is wear dark clothing that way you blend in with the shadows of the blind.
The best thing you can do is check out the blinds yourself. That way you can pick a blind that fits your needs and expectations. The most important part is pick a blind you have plenty of room to draw your bow. But when that day comes you can afford a Double Bull. Do it because they are definitely the leaders in blinds. Hope this helped you and good luck.