Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Git R Done Team #3

Old 04-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Git R Done Team #3

Hi Guys: I just got back yesterday from my trip out to SD. and have to say that the hunting was fantastic! 3 of us went out and we all had 3 tags apiece, and we all took our 3 birds. We even came back a day early as we were limited out in 3 days. I was done in 2. There were birds all over and they were very responsive to calling. Took a tom with a 7 1/4" beard on the first day,but that bird had no spurs at all.It had a full fan and weighed in at 21 1/2 lbs. On the second day I called in a lone tom that had a 8" beard with 3/4" spurs and weighed 22 lbs. and about an hour later called in a tom with a 9" beard and 5/8" spurs and went 22 1/4 lbs. that came in from behind me. I was calling to a different tom at the time and never even new that bird was there until he gobbled right,and I mean right behind me.Like maybe 20 ft. That made me jump a bit and the hair on the back of my neck stand up.When he passed me on my left I could have reached out and hit him with my shotgun. I almost took his head off at 10 yds. I would have liked to have let him get out a ways further,but he would have gone over the ledge and out of site. Wisconsin is next and I'm ready to get going on that trip now,but will have to wait until May 3. Lets GIT R DONE!
Old 04-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

looks to me like team 3 is really 'GIT-N-R-DONE. Way to go. Congrats to all.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great job guys....I am leaving here in a couple hours for the hills in SD be back on the 30th ill report in then
Old 04-25-2005, 11:30 PM

Congrads to all on team 3 (GET-R-DUN) that has taken a bird!!!!! Opening day is on the 27 can`t wait time is going so slow!!! Did go looking for birds on sunday afternoon found 5 big toms feeding out in the field [8D]. Will keep everyone posted. Later Triple.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:47 PM

Its good to hear the birds are willing to play. Hey team I am done in Vir. and now on my way to SD to finish the slam. Hey Paintbrush how was the weather. I will be hunting in the badlands area. I heard they had snow a few weeks ago, so I have no idea what to take with me.

R
Old 04-29-2005, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

sd was tough for me all the birds were really hen'd up only pulled on in and could not get a arrow off sorry team....im going to try mn late archery seson
Old 05-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got a 19 3/4 lb tom 1" and 1 1/8"and 8 3/4"
I have not been feeling very well ,but got out Sunday AM to hunt 2 birds that had been strutting every day at 10:30 -11 on a lane.
Bird 1 came out over a small rise , bird 2 walked right by me .
I shot him at 12-15 feet,took part of the top of his head off.
Not a real need for my Hevi Shot reloads at that range.

Forgot to score it before, 58.5

Johnch
Old 05-03-2005, 06:14 PM

Hey Team #3 I am done!!! I got my bird in SD and now I am finish my slam. I did it in 30 days and I am now done. The bird was approx. 18 pounds with an 8 inch beard. Team #3 git R done!!!!! Pics to follow.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a pic of my tom.
The young guy is my helper in any thing hunting .
Pic is not great ,but life sucks.

Old 05-04-2005, 09:07 PM

Bird down !! Here is the score 73.1,,, weight 26.5 lbs, right spur 1.25 left spur 1.27 with a 10.7 inch beard!!!! Pics will be on the way! NCHuntnFever, sorry you did not get a bird but the weather was crazy!! Monday the birds was going crazy! Had a great time hunting with you! Come back next year. P.S. I had my 9 year old daughter with me when I took the bird!!! See cant wait to get one!!!! Later triplespool.

Quick Reply: Git R Done Team #3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.