Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Git R Done Team #3

Old 03-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Git R Done Team #3

I usually use my Ruger O/U with Federal 4x6 shot 1 7/8 oz shot. But this year I am going to arrow one. 25 LBer last year 10" beard is my biggest...

GIT ER DUN
Old 03-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot a scoped Browning Gold 3" with Win. HV #5's My best bird to date is a 23 lb Merriams I took back 2 years ago in SD. It had 2 beards, one 10" and one about 4 1/2".
Old 03-15-2005, 01:58 PM

Hey guys I'm checking in.

Paintbrush,

Did you draw your surplus permit? I saw some nice gobblers along 371 last friday between Little Falls and Brainerd.

I'm just hunting MN this year. Plan on whacking a big eastern here in central MN 419.

Borch
Old 03-15-2005, 02:22 PM

I'm hunting with a NEF 12 guage and shoot Rem. 4/6 Duplex 3 in. I wear Advantage Timber head-to-toe. My biggest bird is a 25 lb, 10 in. beard, 1 3/8 in spurs Merriams. Come on April 15th!

"There is no such thing as JUST a jake, a turkey taken fairly is a Trophy!"
Old 03-15-2005, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Borch ,I didn't get a surplus tag this year. It was 5:01 when I got the app. in and the 7 surplus tags for 249E were already GONE! 5:02, and they were gone for 249H. I hate this states surplus tags system.
At least I'm going to be able to hunt in SD. Wis. and Neb this year, but not in my home state again! I'm also going to be helping out in the first ever disabled veterns turkey hunt in Camp Ripley.Should be fun.
That bunch of birds you saw up my way have been hanging all winter around the golf course.Where I hunt up here, when on the rare occasion I can get a tag, is only a little bit east of there.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:41 PM

Sounds like the team is fired up!!!!!!!! I will be hunting Indiana. Spikestrip- The biggest bird was over 28 lbs., Using a mosseburg 835 with 3 inch #5 shot, a turkeys nightmare!!!! Seen lots of birds so far all on private land I hunt on!!![8D]. Last years contest Rattlesnake took the biggest bird of the contest and I took 2nd. So I will be after Rattlesnakes title!! HA HA. Good luck to all and have a safe hunt. P.S. Take a kid hunting with you this year!
Old 03-16-2005, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Paintbrush? How ya get in on that Camp Ripley hunt I would love to help out. I am a vet and only live 45 mls from there. Let me know how i can help another vet!!!!!

Triplespool, last year when i got my 25lb'er. I had my 9,7 yr olds with me plus the 12 yr old neighbor kid running the camera. Oh yeah i turned 3 kids into avid turk hunters!!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 10:47 AM

Triplespool we were on the same team before sometime.. That sure was a awesome bird you got last year !!!

It sure looks like we got a great active team and everyone seems to be seeing birds and hunting great places.. Maybe we will win this thing.. I got the fever bad..lol.. cant wait to get out there..

Still don't know where I'm going for my outta state... really starting to look like public land in ohio...

Git R Done
Old 03-16-2005, 07:48 PM

Hey TeeJay, You are the man!!!!!! It is great to hear you take kids with you hunting!! Sounds like you had a blast! I try every year to take kids hunting that have never been before. To me it seems thay get hooked on turkey hunting faster than deer hunting. NCHuntnFever, If you want to come on over to Indiana to hunt I can help you out. Just send me an email.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey gang was out looking for sheds seen 13 turks on the other side of a draw. Pretty cool, not the area im hunting but still pretty cool.

Quick Reply: Git R Done Team #3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.