Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 4 Roll Call

Old 04-11-2005, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 4 Roll Call

Gobbling like crazy here in PA - heard about 10 on the farm that I'll be hunting in a few weeks.

Man, I wish PA season didnt start so late.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:44 AM

well I am half way trough my season and nothing yet, got soaked this morning but the birds were still talking. I am going to get more agressive in the next couple of days, hope something happens! Good luck to everyone! GO TEAM 4!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2005, 11:54 AM

Well, score one for team 4!!!!

I was getting frustrated this being my last day and all so I was walking up from a setup down the edge of a winter weat field when I caught a gobbler and a jake out in the field about 80 yards away (I cant believe they didnt see me) hurried back about 20 yards and set up the decoys and began to call, brought em' right in shot the bird about 20 yards, not the biggest bird but my 1st and it was the last morning of my season!!!!
Old 04-20-2005, 04:35 PM

Okay guys, my first two--Kansas Easterns
17 lbs, 5" beard, 1/2" spurs--jake
19 lbs, 10" beard, 19 lbs--a lightweight gobbler

Federal Mag Shok Flite Control Heavyweight 3.5" 12 gauge #6 shot thru my Mossberg 935 w/ Rhino choke--one at 96 heel-to-toe steps (32 + yards??), other at 30 yards. Boom!! No flop. Both dead in their tracks. Not even the post-mortem flutter/shudder.

On to South Dakota, then late Minnesota. Sorry no bigguns', but every turkey taken is a trophy, to me!!
Old 04-21-2005, 03:29 AM

Congratulations Passthrew! Didn't have to be the biggest bird but the main thing is that you got your first...

Also, congrats to Car with your double-bearded bird. This ought to get our team going!!!

Only a few more days before the season starts for us PA hunters. Can't wait!
Old 04-21-2005, 01:43 PM

looks like team 4 is starting to score on some birds now! Way to go everyone! Thos ehuge birds you guys are killin will shoot our total up in a hurry!

GO TEAM 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2005, 02:34 PM
car
Typical Buck

Thanks PAHUNTERJEN it was a great bird. I had been watching him for a long time, just glad that I got him. It was a long shot 45yards with the range finder. I didn't want to shoot that far but didn't have a choice. It was shoot or watch him run right on by. As soon as I get my pictures back I'll try to post them.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:52 AM

SD it tough this year. My favorite haunts are silent. 4 days in the woods and all I've seen/heard is one jake 125 yards away and 2 hens clucking away that were below the ridge I was on, so I didn't even see them!!

I'm getting desperate, and it looks like I'll have to go scouting for new habitat/hunting areas.

Wish me luck, and that's why they call it hunting, not shooting, right???
Old 04-25-2005, 04:32 PM

season starts wensday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHEN YALLS SEAN OPEN AND IF U GOT SOMTHING SHOW IT !!!!!
Old 04-25-2005, 04:34 PM

SEASON STARTS WENSDAY !!!!!!!!!

GO TEAM 4!!!

when yalls season start? how ya huning them ex. bow shotgun muzzloader

if ya got somthing show it i want to see that double beard that got us in the 80's

Quick Reply: Team 4 Roll Call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.