Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

good sights?

Old 02-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default good sights?

anyone want to recommend a good set or sights for my turkey gun? i want a rifle sight fiber optic set up.....i dont want to spend tons on this though.....i will eventually scope it later....but now im getting awesome patterns.....but they need moved a little....sure i could aim to the left....but i dont like doing that.....i know id forget when that ole longbeard is standing infront of me...so anyone know a good set of fully adjustable visible fiberoptic sights? im shooting a remington 870 express mag turkey gun with a 21 inch barrel.....the rail looks thin....specially beside my mossberg 500....in the past id shot a few rounds and call it a day...and hunt with whatever patterned good....but im getting into this patterning stuff....and i got a good shootin load...now i need to move it.....
Old 02-13-2005, 12:14 PM

Default RE: good sights?

I had an extra bead put on my 870 I have a 26 in barrell,I like the longer sight plain,as tight as it shoots I need to be pretty presice nd lineing the beads up helps alot. Tru Glow makes nice sights also.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Williams Firesights. The slugger model works well on my gun. It's do it yourself job, universal fit.
Basically the sights have a top and bottom part that fit on top and under the vent rib and screw together. All metal and tough and high visibility stuff.
Best price I found was at Natchez Shooters Supply. You can find it online.
Cost me about $35 to my door.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a magnetic fiber optic sight for my shotguns so I can take it on and off and use it on either one of my shotguns.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:51 AM

I put a Hi-Viz on my Stoeger. Got it at Walmart... $5. Comes with 3 different sizes screws.