Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Well Its final       (Ontario) >

Well Its final (Ontario)

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Well Its final (Ontario)

Old 12-10-2004, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Well Its final (Ontario)

They passed the new Reg. that Turkey hunters in Ontario can hunt untill 7:00pm. So its an all day hunt. Its too bad because it was a great sport, but with the size of the wood lots and Hunter numbers I can see the sport turning into a Bushwacking sport, as the mear presure will turn the birds to Closed Mouth Gobblers.

I would sudjust anyone wanting to hunt these birds in Ontario take a part of it at the first of the season , because 2 weeks of all day hunting will put an end to the sporting view of this bird here. The limit is 2 birds in Ontario ...BT
Old 12-10-2004, 02:51 PM

Default RE: Well Its final (Ontario)

I doubt you'll see many people in the woods in the p.m. Here in NC, its always been all day hunting, and most pack it in by 8 or 9 a.m. anyway.

Hal
Old 12-10-2004, 03:15 PM
st1

its all day here in GA too, but nobody i know hunts after around 10 a.m or so. maybe it won't be as bad as you think.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Adrian,What's this gonna do to our afternoon nap time.[&:] That's become as much of a tradition as the hunt itself.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for your replies guys I sure hope your right with your opinions.

Welcome Back RR!

Ya Jal [:@] I hate it when I can't Nap ! [&o] ...BT
Old 12-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Adrian,I agree with Hawglips here.We shut down at 4:00 pm here and in most cases the majority of the hunters exit the woods once they become quiet!By noon most fellas are at home nappin!!Sure you'll have a few die hards that make it an all day affair but alot of the veteran hunters are tagged out by noon and the yahoos becoming frusterated pack it in early!!!It will work out bud!!