Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 need help from everyone.. sight question >

need help from everyone.. sight question

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

need help from everyone.. sight question

Old 10-12-2004, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default need help from everyone.. sight question

I have been struggling to find I good turkey sight for my gun and wanted to know what all you guys use and what you recommend. I would like to know model names as well as the manufacturers too please. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Oh yeah... I dont really want a scope. Thanks.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: need help from everyone.. sight question

Jep,I'm a firm believer in fibre optics.I cant tell you how many times they've been helpful in early morning low-light and shady conditions.A cheap easy to put on but extremely effective set of fibre optics such as one of Tru Glo's gobble dot series will get the job done.I've personally used the magnum gobble dot for the last 6 or 7 years or so with great success.Heres a link to take a peek.......
http://www.wingsupply.com/shop/Scrip....asp?SKU=TG941
Old 10-13-2004, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

I too like the fiber optic sights for low light situations and because I can move my pattern with it. The Pro Series Magnum Gobble Dot that Bobgobble2 mentioned is adjustable, not all Tru Glo fiber optic sight are adjustable. However, I used the TRU GLO series for a few years until I was working a bird and noticed my rear sight was gone. At the time they had plastic parts which broke off and left scrambling to remove the front sight. Since then I've gone to the Williams Fire Sight which I've been using now for about two years with no troubles. I see now that Tru Glo sight are All-metal construction so that broken part shouldn't be an issue. Take a look at Tru Glo and the Williams Fire Sight at [link]http://www.williamsgunsight.com[/link]
Old 10-15-2004, 12:16 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I used the Tru glo sights but because of my age and my eye-sight getting poorer went to a Nikon Monarch Turkey Scope and absolutley love it.

Optical clarity is enormous. Gun was spot on this year and on one shot all I had was a basketball sized opening to make a clean shot through thick cedars and grapevines. Scope was dead on!

JW