Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

the Osceola

Old 10-01-2004, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default the Osceola

Hi all, its been a while since i've visited (too much time working and building an addition to the house)......LOL

Well anyway, does anyone in here live in Florida and still able to get on line or does anyone have any info on how much damage all these Hurricanes have had on the Osceola? I have a trip planned this yr to finish out my slam with the Osceola and man this looks very bad for them. Please let me know if you have any info. Thanks

P.S
Hows Jim and Adrian doin?
Old 10-01-2004, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: the Osceola

I don't have any info for you but I wanted wish you a prosperous and safe trip.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tony , I was wondering the same thing myself.

Are you going on your own or with an Outfitter ? ...BT
Old 10-02-2004, 10:27 AM

I can't speak for the situation from the mid point of the state north. Only from JW Corbet down. Maybe Huntnma can talk about that area. As far as down south it's all good. All the hurricanes basically missed us. The south western part of the state took a little hit, but just 1 hour north past Ft. Myers and up it got bi#@! slapped. That leaves the northern section basically untouched also.

Have a fellow hunter on another website that plans on going out in his air boat to his turkey grounds to check things out soon. Might be a little bit. He lost most of his house due to the last two hurricanes. His area was right in the "cones of death", both times. He scouts most of the year and through all hunting seasons. Really some great information.

If you're worried about the water levels by hunting season, I wouldn't be. Again, I can't speak for the central or northern Osceolas but this far down they'll walk through over 12" of water at the drop of a hat. The bird I got last season did just that. Worst mistake he ever made.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

everything i have seen , the hurricane hasnt done a thing to hurt them[8D]
Old 10-03-2004, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear a report, and glad to hear that your birds may be ok aswell as your selves...BT
Old 11-04-2004, 04:46 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all your insight. It sounds like it should be just fine to finish my slam.

Hi Adrian, we are planning a trip with an outfitter that we talked to last yr in Columbus. Buckmaster (Kevin) has all the info on the trip. Also a guy I know from my area has a contact with an outfitter that charges only 500 to hunt then charges a trophy fee once you get one of 1000. I will get the info and shoot you an e-mail but I imagine you will be goin with Gary Santangilo down there.

well later all.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:21 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry, It's Danny SantAngelo..............lol