Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

May 22nd another.....

Old 05-22-2004, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default May 22nd another.....

yesterday may 21st a client missed at 30 yards, I could not belive it....

Well today May 22nd it was lightly raining, and the temp dropped, but we managed to get setup on a Tom the was roosted on a cliff above a field. We circled and setup on a field and before long a hen come flying out and landed about 50 yards out and walked off across feeding.

15 muntes later the silent tom flew out and land in the woods and walked out on the other side of the field. I called and he gobbled and strutted but seem to like the looks of the hen, instead of the call.

I said to Todd that we are going to make a move and get in front of the birds. After sneeking , crawling, in the swamp we made it to a pont in the field that the birds passed. As we get there and settled , hear the birds turn around and head right back on the same path. I told todd to be ready and I'm not calling at all , let them walk to us.

As the birds made it to the shooting range ,Todd stayed focused on the tom , the hen gets closer and closer , at 10 yards the hen looks at us and clucks/Putts. The gobbler at this time is out 45 yards , but after seeing the way Todds gun patterns , I whispered Shoot! as the Gobblers head is high in the air the neck stretched to see why the hen Putted.

Todd lets of the shot and the Gobbler drops like a stone!

17.26 Lbs
9 in Beard
3/4 spurs

Old 05-22-2004, 01:05 PM

Default RE: May 22nd another.....

congrats.......sounds like a good hunt.......
Old 05-22-2004, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks and Sounds like you have some awsome property to hunt on there BT

Does any of the people that hunt with you know how to use a turkey call?
Old 05-22-2004, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go guys.Nice bird
Old 05-22-2004, 05:24 PM
VP

Good Job Adrian!

Congrats on another
Old 05-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL!!! I was wondering the very same thing Ken!!

Another nice gobbler BT!! Way to go on the set-up and calling!!
Old 05-22-2004, 11:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

THATS IT!!1 Im goin to visit adrian next spring , thats all i have to say! great work this season , i might make it out 1 or 2 more times , the 29th is the last day here , and i dunno how well they will be responding this late, so i may just have to hunt them sorda like fall birds , bust em up at night , and get to food areas in the AM..
Old 05-23-2004, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

Looks and Sounds like you have some awsome property to hunt on there BT

Does any of the people that hunt with you know how to use a turkey call?
Thanks all, most of the hunters I take are new Turkey hunters, so most would just soon listen and learn some of the proper ways of calling.

it has been a tough hunt this spring, as the population of hunters have became very high here. Most properties have had a high rate of trespassing on them. The one spot that I hunt seems to be lucky as I don't see to many in it, and I have killed 3 Longbeards in it. My wife also hunts this property solo , and she have had alot of action. She had an encounter with the same bird twice that seems to have 6-7 hens with him. Today we are looking into mounting a Aim-Point on her gun.

still have a full week of hunting , but the Clients have thinned out and I have a few days opened, so my rate may go down this coming week [&o] ...BT
Old 05-23-2004, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Adrian , how much do you charge for a hunt? i might have to come see you next fall EH? lol
Old 05-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

very cool [8D] congrats again.....

Quick Reply: May 22nd another.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.