Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

newspaper article

Old 05-21-2004, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default newspaper article

if you click on the link , scroll down and you'll see i'm there
the other day there was this article by this woman saying how florida today shouldnt be reconizing 4 youths that had 3 birds , she went on to say that hunters are delusional if they think for a minute that a high powered rifle is sport to a 20 lb bird with 1.5 spurs....and how there are so many youth out there doing positive things and that they should do a story on those kids......well Ma had to voice her opinion, lol....they changed it some, left out some of what i said and made it look like i was saying hunting is better than shopping, which it is, but that wasnt my point at all, but it works, i'm happy they printed it anyway.....do ya'll ever write in to your paper when you see something negative about hunting? if so , share your personal experiences.......i think we all as hunters should, but that is just my opinion....here's the link :
http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROOM/opedstory0521WLETTERS.htm
Old 05-21-2004, 08:06 AM

Default RE: newspaper article

yes huntnma;we all need to put pen to paper and let people know how we feel about our sport.if we as hunters don't then the anti's will.
I have written and talked to the governer of our state on several occasions about hunting and other problems we as hunters have.he seems to understand the problems we have in our state;with the snow birds coming down the problem gets bigger and bigger.it always seem that other people want to change the place they move to to be like the place they left.

the state is having meetings now (last week) and next week to determand the fate of hunting dogs in the state.it seems that somepeople don't want dogs used in hunting anymore.there are a whole list of thing they want to stop the hunter from doing.

"You Done Did Good" girl
Old 05-21-2004, 08:39 AM
Typical Buck

Way to go Mama. We all need to be more involved.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Very cool! I hope all of the subscribers read your letter, even though it's edited. Most people don't think twice about the positive aspects of hunting (the vast majority are positive) until someone like you raises an excellent point.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Ma.You done good.I've never seen an anti huntin article in our local paper.Don't think I ever will.