Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Question for team 9

Old 05-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default Question for team 9

Are you guy proud of your team member "06 hunter"?

ONE MORE FOR TEAM #9!!!
66.37!
SECOND BIRD HERE IN MO. THEY SURE AREN'T GOBBLING ANYMORE!
I PUT HIM TO BED FRIDAY NIGHT AND SLIPPED IN REALLY EARLY SAT. AND WAITED FOR HIM TO GOBBLE. AT 6:15 HE STILL HADN'T MADE A SOUND AND WAS ABOUT TO FLY DOWN TO THE FEILD ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BRANCH SO I POPPED HIM.
It makes me sick that this idiot is ever wearing camos and trying to call himself a turkey hunter. I'm sure the rest of the true turkey hunter on team 9 won't miss him or care less to have someone like that on your team. Sorry if anyone on team 9 (other than 06 "poacher" I mean hunter) has taken this in the wrong way. It's just looser like this makes me mad, if I could I'd report him to the local game warden.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Question for team 9

Seeing no one cares to share their thoughts makes me wonder where the hunting ethics of turkey hunters has gone to these days. It a real shame that hunting ethics and personal morals don't seem to exsits among at least 15 viewers of this site.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:28 PM

im new to turkey hunting and i dont really see what he did wrong...i got my first turkey yesterday (saturday may 8th) and i kinda did what he did...sorta...i was walking to my spot where i saw the turkey i was going after the week before and as i was walking to the area where i was going to set up and start calling i saw him throught some trees and he was in range and i shot him and i didnt even get a chance to sit down...is what i did wrong also???

but i DIDNT shoot my turkey when he was on the roost...
Old 05-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Typical Buck

I say Good Hunt. It takes some skill to close on a bird that's on the ground, and you basicly lucked into a good deal. Shooting a bird off the roost doesn't take any skill or luck. You just have to get into position before it gets light. That's not hunting, that's poaching.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:20 PM

I'm freakin appauled & I'm not even on his team. I do think that in the future with ANY contest on here if you're caught poaching all of your entries are removed. In fact I'm turning in a poacher who shot a hen over the WE in Eastern Wa in the am. If you can't take a animal cleanly or ethically you have no right in the woods PERIOD. Keep your sorry poaching A$$ at home we have enough problems with anti's as it is without you throwing fuel on the fire. "06 hunter" be very glad that I'm not a moderator or I would mount as strong of a case against you as I could to have you banned for life from this site for poaching. Not only did you do this but you "WERE" proud of the fact that you did it, I think that is worse than you doing it. I CAN NOT over look this if it was a honest mistake on the ground with multiple birds all over the place maybe........but you shot him "ON THE ROOST" for Christ's sake. Are you sure you don't want to call up "your poaching" buddies for a good ol' round of spot lighting deer tonight as well since you're batting .1000 ? This makes me sick & I hope that someone in the great state of MO turns your butt in for this, you guys do know that there is a reward for turning people in? Not just from the Game & Fish but also from NWTF I do believe. You sorry excuse you're the reason the "Samson Law" was put into effect. Hope you feel real good about this ol' buddy boy....something you can be real proud of, bet you took him to a taxidermist to huh?
Old 05-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

quote:

ORIGINAL: 06 HUNTER

AT 6:15 HE STILL HADN'T MADE A SOUND AND WAS ABOUT TO FLY DOWN TO THE FEILD ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BRANCH SO I POPPED HIM.

In my book this is called "killing" and not "hunting". It gives "hunters" a bad name. This should NOT be posted for your team in my opinion.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seeing no one cares to share their thoughts makes me wonder where the hunting ethics of turkey hunters has gone to these days. It a real shame that hunting ethics and personal morals don't seem to exsits among at least 15 viewers of this site.
I can tell you have'nt been on this site long....to judge everyone fron 15 viewer's...Trust me...there's lot's of post's I've read here that I disagree with...but just cuz I don't respond to them in an instant as you think everyone should...being the person that I am...I like to stop....think...and then reply...I'm not the world's best debater as you appear to be....so I need extra time to get my thought's together...before I put my foot in my mouth...
Old 05-09-2004, 11:08 PM

ORIGINAL: WAYNE1

I can tell you have'nt been on this site long....to judge everyone fron 15 viewer's...Trust me...there's lot's of post's I've read here that I disagree with...but just cuz I don't respond to them in an instant as you think everyone should...being the person that I am...I like to stop....think...and then reply...I'm not the world's best debater as you appear to be....so I need extra time to get my thought's together...before I put my foot in my mouth...

Ditto... heck most of us were out in the woods, and not near a computer, so think of that too?

Man what skill it takes to "pop" one in a tree[:'(][:@] Why would you even brag about Poaching? You are what 99.99% of what all of us here dispise and like Bloodhound said I'd turn you in in a New York minute[:@]
Old 05-09-2004, 11:14 PM

This is another steller moment & quote from the imfamous 06 hunter posted in response to Controversy? on 6/3/03.

"CHEF, HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT KILLING YOUNG ANIMALS WILL REDUCE THE HERD TO A POINT OF NO RETURN????
THAT' S WHY THE LAWS ARE THERE!! IF YOU OBEY THE LAWS (I KNOW NOT EVERYONE DOES)(insert from BLDHOUND yeah like you........idiot) THEN THERE SHOULDN' T BE ANY RESON FOR THAT TO HAPPEN.

I THINK IT' S OUTRAGEOUS FOR A HORN HUNTER (OR ANYONE ELSE) TO PASS JUDGEMENT ON SOMEONE FOR KILLING YOUNG ANIMALS."

You're a moron & too let you know it will be me reporting your sorry butt not only to the Moderators of this site to have you banned for good.......but also to the state of MO for POACHING, no need to thank me I understand. If I never hear from you again it will be to soon, NEVER step foot in my woods.
Old 05-09-2004, 11:33 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: 06 HUNTER

I WOULD RATHER SETUP AND HAVE A BIRD COME IN STRUTTING AND GOBBLING BECAUSE TO ME THAT IS WHAT SPRING HUNTING IS ALL ABOUT!!
BUT, I ALSO ENJOY STALKING BIRDS, JUST NOT AS MUCH. I HAVE BEEN EQUALLY SUCCESSFULL AT BOTH. IT JUST DEPENDS ON HOW THE BIRDS ARE ACTING THAT SEASON.
I DEFINATELY DON' T THINK IT IS UNETHICAL!!

ALSO, IF THE BIRDS ARE ROOSTING WITH HENS AND NOT RESPONDING OR COMING TO MY CALLS, I DON' T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH CHANGING MY STRATEGY AND ROOSTING A BIRD THEN SNEAKING WITHIN RANGE EARLY AND WAITING UNTILL LEGAL SHOOTING HOURS TO BUST HIM OFF THE ROOST!

That is what you wrote about this time last year in a thread entitled "Stalking turkeys...Unethical". I guess you still don't have a problem doing it. It may be a problem FOR you though. Free advise from me to you O6 Hunter, if you're stupid enough to do something illegal, don't be stupid enough to BRAG about it on here. We aren't your beer drinking poaching buddies who'll give you a big "Hell Yeah" for busting a bird out of a tree. We'll take great pleasure in making sure you don't have the opportunity to do it again.

Quick Reply: Question for team 9

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.