Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Question for team 9

Old 05-09-2004, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question for team 9

Dang you Slee.....I was gonna say that....[8D]
Old 05-09-2004, 11:52 PM

06 stupidhunter

So do you spot light deer? What other game regs DO NOT RELATE TO YOU? Heck yeah ol buddy ol pal pop open a cold one & tell us all about it! Fess all your sins it will make you a better person.....lifting the weight of the world off your shoulders. Hell come clean now & we may stop razzin ya 5 years from now when your hunting privilages get reinstated. I bet you're out right now fishin with dynamite(Dupont Spinner Bait)........sure hope you don't get short fused or a fast burning one or do you prefer a shocking device & a dip net? Man you belong on The Worlds Dumbest Poachers tv show & if theres not one heck lets start it up, we'll get you to reinact it for us as well!!! Do you prefer pink or orange for your jail jumpsuit with the optional butt flap?
Old 05-09-2004, 11:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang you Bldhound ...I was gonna ask that...
Old 05-09-2004, 11:57 PM

Hooked on typing works for me!!
Old 05-10-2004, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Since I'm not on team #9 I been passin over this post but the # of responses caught my eye.Not only is roost shootin just not right ,here in Pa. roost shootin and stalkin a bird is illegal.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:37 AM

We debated the ethics of roost shooting some time back. I agree with jalvja, it is probably illegal (don't know where the tom was taken) and should not be counted as an "official" bird for the Challenge.

As to whether or not shooting a tom off the roost is sporting or not (I would not, personally, do it), suffice it to say that I have learned that I'm not always "in tune" with other hunters' opinions about "sporting" or "ethical" tactics (e.g., I think using a RoboDuck for field shooting mallards in the fall is GREAT, ETHICAL, and SPORTING, others do not agree and think the spinning wing decoy should be banned in the altogether), so I will not pass an ethical or value-based judgment on the matter, except to observe that if it was illegal, by law, then it cannot be condoned.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

As a fellow team 9 member I have to agree that shooting a turkey off the roost is definitely unethical if not illegal. To me, that is just shooting, not hunting. It really doesn't take much skill to roost a bird and then sneak in on him under the cover of darkness while he is sleeping and blow him off the roost at daylight. Definitely not something to be proud of and I certainly wouldn't brag about it on the world-wide web.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

i was just on the missouri dnr site and could not find out if it is legal to shoot a bird on the roost.maybe someone from mo could clarify that for me.if the law allows in your state to do so,although i do not agree with it,i have no beef.i am on team 9 and if it is illegal,nothing turns my stomach more than someone taking game illegally.if in fact it was illegal and someone on this board knows who he is i urge you to turn him in to the proper athourities and i vote that the moderator cancels his bird from the challenge and bans him from this site.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:38 PM

ok just to clarify this situation, i talked to the MO fish and game office today and yes it is ILLEGAL to shoot a bird while he is on the roost,, and yes i will take this up with admin very shortly ,,,,,,,,,,,,, deadshot
Old 05-10-2004, 01:02 PM

ok so everyone knows and we can all calm down over this 06 hunter has been removed from the challenge and as well he has been banned ,,,,,,,, deadshot

Quick Reply: Question for team 9

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.