Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Late Seasons: GOOD? BAD? >

Late Seasons: GOOD? BAD?

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Late Seasons: GOOD? BAD?

Old 05-07-2004, 08:49 AM

Default Late Seasons: GOOD? BAD?

Let me know how you think the late seasons will work out all over the country. I have 5th season, so let me know.
THANKS
Old 05-07-2004, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Late Seasons: GOOD? BAD?

It depends on the hunter and where you are hunting but late season hunts can be good. It is usually harder to hunt them later but If you play your cards right you should be able to bag a wise old tom. Good luck.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:31 PM

How do you go about doing thiis? (im kinda new at this) thanks
Old 05-07-2004, 10:32 PM
Typical Buck

I do better in late season after the hens have started nesting... more unsatisfied hormones strutting around!
Old 05-07-2004, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try to find out where the toms are roosting. Setup on them early and try to call them in. If that doesn't work, try to spot them. If you can spot them do your best to sneak up. You can either get close enough for a shot or close enough to call him in. Try to find places that they go after early morning, when they're not gobbling as much. Places such as water holes, food lots, and strut zones. Then just setup midmorning along those places and wait, calling every 15-20 minutes or so. Keep the calling pretty soft. Clucks, purrs, and soft yelps.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:38 PM

Aggresive with those lonely toms or what??
thanks
Old 05-07-2004, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont like to get aggressive with the toms, late in the season anyway. I usually like to use softer calling like clucks and purrs. Basically if you cant spot them to sneak up on them, get to where you feel there is a good chance they will go and just call softly. Thats how I do it. There are other ways to do it. I'm by no means the final word on this but these are tips from my experiences. Stuff I've found out by making mistakes and I'm just trying to help other hunters.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:50 PM

thanks sooooo much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope i can bag anothre 5th season... i am just not that experience and this websight is helping alot an it is cool how experienced hunters on this website had to learn things the hard way and i just ask you thanks again...
Old 05-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah this is a great sight. I've learned alot from here as well. Hope you get one. It's one of the biggest thrill you can experience. Good luck!!
Old 05-07-2004, 10:55 PM

I love turkey hunting and i also love deer... GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALSO

how many birds have you gotten

Quick Reply: Late Seasons: GOOD? BAD?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.