Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

were crazy.....

Old 05-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default were crazy.....

i think us real hard core turkey hunters are really sick in the head....not the weekend warriors that hunt a day or 2 out of the year.....im talking the guys that sleep dream and breath turkey all year long.....and hunt every day possible......i think we are nuts because of what turkey hunting does to us.....we spend hours and hours in the woods before the season looking for the birds.....many mornings locating the roost.....and pre season here can be very chilly.....then the season opens....rain shine hurricane tornado blizzard or 110 degrees im going hunting on the opener....i dream about the day all year.....then theres the getting up early......REAL early.......i work till 11 sometimes 12.....and get up anywhere from 3am-5am depending on where i hunt.....normally its 330 and we drive an hour and 15mins to our spot.......and thats going on only a few hours of sleep...not even good sleep because you cant wait for morning....tossing and turning sleep.....then theres the walk in......i walk alot when i turkey hunt.....i walk more in turkey season then i do in deer season.....my spots are usually deep in and im always chasing a bird if i cant get one to come in....then theres the weather.....freezing cold......downpours....thunderstorms....wind like you wouldnt believe......scortching heat.....heck one day it even snowed when me and dad were spring gobbler hunting....then theres the not eating way past when your hungry.....food and water weigh too much for me to pack when im hunting.....theres the sleep deprivation....i went turkey hunting before school the other day and made it to school on time.....then theres the things like leaving family friend wives girlfriends ect ect out of our lives for the season.....we dont mean too........it just...happens.....and sooo much more that us hardcore turkeyhunters do......and why?? just for a lousy deformed feather that turned into a wannabe clump of hair and some goofy looking toenail things.... and one turkey dinner for your family?? i know theres way more that drives me to do these crazy things.....the excitement when you hear that first gobble at daybreak....the feeling you get when you sit there and wait for him to decided to fly down.....the feeling you get when you try to coax him into range....then the feeling you have when its all history and your tagging him......being in the woods with people you care about most....like dad...brothers...family.....friends ect......and sharing these feelings......i know many of you guys understand where im coming from.....at first it might sound like im complaing......but im not.....i absolutely love turkey hunting.....my seasons over and im looking for a reason te get back out there already.....help dad hunt.....take friends out........ahh my season isnt over.......i just got my bird already!!! i thought of how crazy we are when i hiked up and down a GIANT hay field hill.......hay upto my knees......at 5am......i was soaked to my knees.......and standing there freezing.....i just smiled......then the bird went off.....and i knew he was the one....and my knees got all crazy and i started breathing heavy......i knew i had to act quick because that was the one......and when i tagged him i was still smiling ear to ear...soaked to my waist now....with a soar but and my arm fell asleep from holding my gun up and i couldnt feel it.....and when i grabbed him i got all bloody.....but im still smiling....normal people dont do these things........i think were all crazy!!!!!!!!! good luck this season guys.......dont goto the doctor......i dont want them to find out theres tons of us.......i dont want cured!
Old 05-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: were crazy.....

You said it mauser. We are all CRAZY. I'm just glad to have found a group that I can be crazy with and when I talk about these things, someone (a lot of someones) understands.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:47 PM

You said it mauser. We are all CRAZY. I'm just glad to have found a group that I can be crazy with and when I talk about these things, someone (a lot of someones) understands.

same here.......turkey crazy....
Old 05-06-2004, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

OH im def. possessed by the turkey devil , although i havent tagged a bird yet , i found myself in my girlfriends backyard tonight owl hooting to find a bird .... everyone was lookin at me like i was retarded , but they dont understand it jsut fuels my fire .... as a good buddy stan potts would say lol

my dad has to work alot this season so im takin myself out in search of the ilusive tri toe, hopefully this weekend
Old 05-07-2004, 02:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 05-07-2004, 04:03 AM
Typical Buck

...I WAS CRAZY,BEFORE I STARTED TURKEY HUNTING.....[X(][X(]
Old 05-07-2004, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Born crazy here too!!!
Old 05-07-2004, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Turkey hunting is the funnest thing to do here on this earth. Mauser, you explained it great!!
Old 05-07-2004, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

hahaha i knew you guys would see it like i do.....you try to talk to normal people that dont turkey hunt about why we do the crazy things we do and they justsay your nuts....i talk turkey all year...making calls and tuning them and playing with them trying to get diffrent sounds.....it helps me make it through......and i found myself getting into fall hunting pretty hard last year.....id love to bag me 2 longbeards a year!!! but when theres alot of hens in the spring i dont mind taking a hen out of the area....man....i cant wait to get back out there.......yelp yelp yelp yelp...gobble obble obble!
Old 05-07-2004, 12:18 PM

My 7th grade students thinks it's absolutely rediculous that I get up at 4 in the morning, go hunt turkeys, and still make it in to school by 7:30. Then they have to suffer through my stories all day. The nice thing is, those first 2 hours in the morning are often the most active!

Quick Reply: were crazy.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.