Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Ontario opening morning

Old 04-26-2004, 01:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ontario opening morning

Well the weather is all over , as we got rain, snow, ice, wind the day before the opener. Jalvja , Scrapper, Raven, Bosshen and myself have all setup plans. We are all hunting out the back door this morning but all are going to split up and head different directions. There is about 500 acres of Crown land just 100's of yards up the road and Raven and I are going to tackle that at first light.

After Raven showed up yesterday we did a little gun testing and to say the leased , he will be useing a Gun of mine for the hunt. He has learned a few good reasons into patterning a Turkey gun.

Its 3:45 and all is in Bed , But just in a few minutes I'm heading up stairs to find me the QuakerBoy Gobble Shaker . Noughting like getting woke up on the right side of the bed .

We'll check in today right after the hunt [8D] ...BT
Old 04-26-2004, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ontario opening morning

Good luck. I'm looking forward to hearing how you do.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:07 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-26-2004, 07:28 AM

Good luck you guys!! Can't wait to hear how ya did!!
(I can't believe they actually let Jalvy across the border...lol)
Old 04-26-2004, 09:24 AM

Hope you have better luck than I did this morning. The birds were there but typical of opening day so were the roost shooters. Last time I checked around here it`s too dark to shoot at 5:40am. Sorry just checked and 5:40 is legal even though today it was sooo dark I couldn`t see 30 yards and I was in hardwoods.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

Wish you all the success I have had this year so far. Make sure Jal doesn't have that bent barrel again[8D]

BTW Why wasn't I invited??[8D]
Old 04-26-2004, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well we got the day over! and it was not real bad being there was people all over , the Public/Crown land was swamped , but Rav. and I did it. Raven Killed his first Bird and had the biggest smile that you could believe. All and all even with trespassers everywhere, the group did great !

2 Kills
1 Miss (It happens)
and I passed up 6 different birds because the beards where hard to see
Can't wait till tomorrow, should be a good time again. Seems like a great number of birds around this spring.

Pat I did invite you but you never said anything. Jal also says to tell you ,,He was not the one that missed ...BT
Old 04-26-2004, 06:19 PM

Well first off i must say a BIG THANKYOU to you Adrian, and Jannete, Jalva, Scrapper for a wonderful time i had there for the two days. The hospitality & Commodradity was A class and you helped me really see what this awsome sport is all about first hand this morning in the turkey bush! Jal & scrapper thanks for that awsome bear salami you guys brought up and the little turkey antenna figure. Jannette for the wicked food you prepared for us today & last night it was yummy!!!! but my mouths still burning from them inferno chicken wings! HAHA i shouldnt of added franks hot sauce. Adrian you should of brought that gobbler shaker in Jal's snoring was keeping scrapper & myself up all night!

** The Hunt** Day 1

Adrian & myself tagteamed up this morning to go get me a bird and what i experienced today i will never forget and this bird is dedicated to you 4. We get into the bush around 5:00am and get ready to head to this this one part near a swamp where adrian mentioned he has seen birds roosting and moving. We get there around 6:00am and find a good tree to set up on and we just wait.........no gobbles were heard or even hens just some distant yelps from other hunters. We decide to trek on as we head along the feild line and move to the swamp. we head around it and we move to another feild where BAM!!! 3 hens fly out of a hemlock tree and 2 other birds fly right into the feild. Adrian and myself look at eachother and think ahhh shucks we just got busted!!!! but we don't give up.........we set up near a nice tree overlooking the feild and Adrian lets out a few Kee- Kee's on his snuff can and we just wait for a good 1 hour wouldnt you say adrian? Well im sitting on adrians right side when he wispers "raves 4 jakes are coming from my left im in a bad situation so as they obscured and a little ways from me i get into position and im ready.........they walk slowly up to us.......mill around but their still not in my shooting range so i keep a lead on them as the one jake breaks off and heads my way.........my hearts pounding.......the shotgun is getting heavy and i just wait as he gets into my shooting lane......adrian whispers their putting so its do or die time and i pull the trigger.........NOthing!!!!!!.........oh no the safty acted up that adrian mentioned to me about.....i slowly move my right hand and click it off.........the bird is putting and i aim that bead on his head and KABOOOOM that beretta puts him down!!!........we get out there and he flopped for abit and we measured him to be 30-32 yrds. The gun i shot was adrians beretta and she did the trick!.......my gun didn't pattern well but adrian helped me in harvest my first wild turkey and im pumped!!!!!!! thankyou buddy!

We had a pretty good day Scrapper got a nice tom! and jannete had a shot at a huge one aswell. I enjoyed my self with these guys but i always do with my turkey buddies

Here was his stats:

14 lbs

4 1/2 in beard

Spurs ( both little nubs)

Pictures to follow
Old 04-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is so cool [8D]
Old 04-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats...... Glad ya scored on your bird......That is Cool. BT did ya pull the Burp Talker call out for that one????[8D]

Glad to hear Jal had the straight gun this time!!!!

and Jal yes PAhunter86 got that Subscription.

Quick Reply: Ontario opening morning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.