Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 And the wait is finally over!!! >

And the wait is finally over!!!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

And the wait is finally over!!!

Old 04-25-2004, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default And the wait is finally over!!!

In another 5 hours I'll be leaving home to welcome in yet another Spring Turkey hunting season here in Southern Ontario.
It's been a long wait, but like everything else--it been worth the while.

Our flocks seem to be increasing in numbers--(also our turkey hunters) and I'm very optimistic that it will be a successful season for all those who have put in the hours and the time finding themselves the roosting & feeding areas of the birds they're after.
To all the turkey hunters venturing to the woods this season I wish you all the best of luck, keep it safe and be absolutely certain of what you're shooting at and what's beyond your target.
Let's all make this a safe season for everyone and again the best of success to all!!!
Old 04-25-2004, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: And the wait is finally over!!!

Thank's Keith! I can't get out tommorrow till after 8.30 a.m. since I have to get the kid's off to school in the morning .Regardless I'll get out anyway's and give it a go and I'll e-mail you when I'm bringing home my bird.

nubo
Old 04-25-2004, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to both of you. Make sure you let us know how you do.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Today I had 3-gobblers come in from 200 plus yards off and hung up at about 80 yards---talked to me for about 15 minutes then went dumb and disappeared--never got another peep out of them.
Forty-five minutes later 2-hens and a young Jake with a 3" beard did a semi circle at 60 yards from us and went on their merry way. Then another 40 minutes, another bird--didn't see that one very well, stayed in the pines and wanted nothing to do with us.
Then more gobbles from 2 different birds--but for some reason they both held their ground and never came any closer than when we first heard them gobble.
Strange for the birds to be that nervous on an 'opening day'--but that's how my day went.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like a great day in the woods
Old 04-27-2004, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sure was huntnma, definitely beats the best day in the office.
Today was just as good.
A tom roosted about 100 feet off of my blind, flew down at 6.17 AM and kept his distance, strutted and gobbled for 1/2 hour, at least, and once he started heading to the decoys--he walked and never stopped walking.

He had no interest in the hens and walked quickly past about 35 yards out from my blind--didn't want to take a shot at a moving bird. (Compound bow).
There were 3 other gobblers to my right up on a hill and the gobbler for some reason wanted the company of the gobblers and not the hens.
I later found out he was roosted with 3 hens, which later spent about 15 minutes mingling with my decoys just about 12 yards from my blind.
So I think the gobblers are still enjoying their "female hospitality", maybe they'll show more interest once the hens retire to their nests.
I hope!!!!