Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Missouri Season Opens

Old 04-19-2004, 11:38 AM

Default Missouri Season Opens

Principal got Tyler out of Class and took picture of us together. Thanks.
Monday - April 19th, 2004
17 lb. - 6 oz.
10" beard
1" Spurs
Monday, April 19th -
6:00 a.m. - Gobbler is gobbling on Roost, Hard to locate due to high wind walked to close, busted off of the roost at 40 yards.
7:00 a.m. - Gobbler out in middle of planted corn field, would not respond to calling wind to high at 150 yards.
7:20 a.m. - Gobbler sounded off to the south of my location. Moved to top of hill could see it, and moved to edge of woods in the path I thought it might take along the field just east of it's location at 100 yards.
7:25 a.m. - Set-up a Jake and Hen decoy in the field and moved to location so that decoys are further east of my location. Two Gobblers sounded off to my calling at 80 yards.
7:30 a.m. - Gobblers still sounding off now can see three adult gobblers just over a small ridge to the west and responded to my calling at 60 yards.
7:35 a.m. - Three Gobblers see decoy's and drop tails and start running in my direction followed by three more adult gobblers.
7:40 a.m. - All Six Gobblers strutting in my direction, I push safety off at 40 yards.
7:44 a.m. - All Six Gobblers are now at 10 yards out from my location.
7:45 a.m. - They started to get nervous and dropped tails, BOOOM!!!!! Gobbler on ground, others run off about 30 yards away and watched the one beat the ground with it's wings, and they started gobbling again and then finally they walked away gobbling.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:37 PM

Default RE: Missouri Season Opens

horntagger

Congrats on the bird!!! Can't wait to get up there thursday! I hunt near the Lake of the Ozarks near Stover Mo. I talked to my father-in-Law last night, he says the birds are gobblin there heads off! Seen 2 toms out in our field that he says weight 25+. My 9 year old has a brand new youth 20 gauge he is itching to shoot, I hope he gets one while were there.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:38 PM

I was hunting today in MO warren county.sat there all day sending out turkey calls .And every so often i get a replay from a tom but he never came close enoff too see so i decide with the last hour of day to check out the open feild didn't see anything so i started to head back to my first spot and there the tom was about 20 yard down the trail took my shot but missed was only about 2 sec off got the rest of the week of so i hope i get another shot at him .And that is a nice tom u shot hope you get a bigger one next week
Old 04-19-2004, 01:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Man, that sounds like heaven. Congratulations on a fine bird!
Old 04-19-2004, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

I just got back from missouri and scored on a nice bird. The wind was real high this morning and they were not gobbling much. I had 2 come in on me silent and i spooked one and gave the other one a face full of #6 hevishot