Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

4/7(OH)

Old 04-07-2004, 10:50 AM

Default 4/7(OH)

SE Ohio

REPORT We split up this morning going to two different farms. The one farm I went to I didn't hear squat. Have no idea why, I know they are there due to all the sign I found last week, but no gobbling, not even way off in the distance. My buddy went to a farm up the road about 3 miles. He heard one sounding off on the property we can hunt and two more across the road where the owner will not let anyone hunt, figures. The highlight of the day was after breakfast we went and watched one of our fields. He said last time he watched them walk out at 8:30am. Today they walked out again at 8:30am on the nose. They were way in the back of the field so I could only make out a few gobblers from strutting but all together there were over 20 birds. I did see a lot of bright red heads so I figure there were several jakes in the mix as well. If they keep that up it will definetly be one of our opening day spots for sure. After watching them feed in the field for while we went and looked at another field, nothing was in it, but on the way to it 2 big gobblers and a hen flew across the road right in front of our truck. I mean these were two long beards to say the least. So all in all wasn't a bad trip. We asked a few farms down there but everyone said no due to family hunting. Will probably get back down one day next week. Still have two more farms to scout. In the one area we hunt we have 12 different birds located between both sides of the road(field/woods). I am hoping by season we have 20+ located.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:23 AM

Default RE: 4/7(OH)

hey im from ohio too i hunt around 2500 to 3000 acres our farm is around 2200 plus my buddies farms and ppl i know really well i will take them out turkey huntin just for the fact that they dont hunt and they lat me hunt on them, i have been watchin 4 gobblers roost in the same place the past weekend, i can only go out on weekends due to living on campus at ohio state. but every morning and evening is spent scouting for the up comming season locating gobblers for an idea of location and travel patterns, the most i have ever called in one time is 8 gobblers they just kept coming in from different directions. i think we harested around 17 last year, i usually take around 8 people hunting each spring and leave the last couple days for my self to kill my birds.but tey are starting to hammer, if the weather would straighten up.