Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

The Freak Help

Old 04-04-2004, 07:46 PM

Default The Freak Help

I just bought the freak w/ frictionite and like the dummu i am ripped the instructions off the back off of it and didnt know if anyone could send them to me thanks
Old 04-05-2004, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Freak Help

Buck,I don't have instructions to send ya but I may be able to help ya.What is it ya need to know?
Old 04-05-2004, 08:48 AM

I just dont know how to make different sounds like the yelp and purr and others.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK Buck,I'll try to help ya out here.First thing ya need to do is rough up the call surface.A sandin stone works real well for this.Remember the rougher the better.Now for callin.There are other ways do do this but I'm gonna tell ya the way that works best for me and the way i've taught a few people.Hold the striker like a pencil.withthe tip of the striker on the call surface tilt the big end of the striker slightly away from you.I think it's easier to drag the striker towards me. To make yelps just make small circles with the striker tip,never liftin the striker from the call.(it won't make sound on the back stroke)I make these circles in a counterclockwise motionso it makes the yelp sound as i drag it towards me.To cluck,hold the striker the same way and flick your wrist(just like strikin a match)again keep the striker tip on the surface.To purr,add a little more downward pressure and drag the striker(lettin it skip)in a straigt line again keep the striker in contact with the surface.Hope this helps some.Good luck
Old 04-06-2004, 09:14 AM

Nice way to help him out Jalvja. My personal opinion after trying and hunting with The Freak is that, it is not worth all the trouble to have. Not a bad sounding call but the strap is like"pissin in the wind". Good luck with your hunting this season.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:01 PM

Thanks for the help jalvja i am starting to get the hang of it.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:24 PM

HEY CALLWITHLEGACY I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE STRAP IT DOESNT WORK REALLY WELL IT SLIDES OUT OF THE SLOTS EASILY. I HAVE BEEN HIT IN THE FACE A COUPLE TIMES. WELL GOOD LUCK WITH IT. I STILL USE THOUGH AS MUCH AS I TALK BAD ABOUT IT.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:38 PM

Be glad you bought the Fritionite surface. I have the Primos Power Crystal and its a great call but it would better suit some1 looking for long range calling as it is hard to tone down for tighter calling. Overall still not a bad call, but like i said that strap is just something to get in the way. Good Luck!