Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Didn't seem funny at the time! >

Didn't seem funny at the time!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Didn't seem funny at the time!

Old 04-03-2004, 01:24 PM
Spike

Default Didn't seem funny at the time!

After reading about how close some of us have been to turkeys I got to thinking about some funny and dumb stuff I’ve done over the years hunting turkeys. I can remember one morning about 5 am climbing up a hill in the dark to setup on a tom I roosted the nigh before. Without a flashlight I was using the evening light and the silhouette of the top of the hill to guide me. I was working my way up the hill like a 300 pound ninja warrior when about 100 yards from the roost I flushed a sleeping grouse. It flew and hit me hard right smack-dab in the face and just about knocked me down and scarred the crap out of me. I figured my scream and the sound of my pounding heart took care of my morning hunt but old tom was still there. Apparently the ruckus that took place that morning bothered me more then it did him.
Old 04-03-2004, 01:27 PM

Default RE: Didn't seem funny at the time!

I steppped into a covey of quail one morning and liked to filled my breeches---I bet you did!! Great story.
Old 04-03-2004, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

yep, i that was funny....lol... quail got me the other day....about 10 of em...wasn't funny at the time though...
Old 04-03-2004, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

LOL great story. Too bad you didn't get it on video, could've made some money on that one.
Old 04-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Typical Buck

...LOL..LOL...had a owl atack me in a tree stand before,it was still dark
and that owl was rambo it thought...scared me at first...[:-][:-]
Old 04-03-2004, 11:19 PM

BEst one I had, I set up in the exact spot I bagge my first bird and started calling within 5 minutes I could hear a rustling of leaves and feathers in the brush. I steadied my gun and what I could of my heart, that is until a "Bull" Ruffed come strutting out into the open. Man I never laughed so hard I wonder what a XXfull #5 would've done to that poor bugger?Guess he likes them Grouse a little bigger than most
Old 04-04-2004, 05:23 AM

Once I walked inbetween and old mad wild sow and her bedded pigs.[:@]she came huffing and puffing to within about 10'.I started talking real loud to her and walking backwards.I told her these copper plated #6's would really mess up her day[],not to say anything about my pants.[][:'(]
I finnaly got off to the side enough she went to the bed with the pigs.
I went off to clean up and get that gobbler.(I did get him the next day).
Old 04-04-2004, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was set up on a gobbler and had a skunk come to within about 4' till he noticed me.I couldn't move and he wouldn't move.It became a stare down contest All I could think of was if the gobbler appears and that gun goes off I'm in trouble.That's the only time I was thankful to have a bird hangup.Finally the skunk left and so did the bird.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

It was archery season and the weather warm, I was driving into our hunting camp with my window down. A screech owl flew in my window, hit me in the left shoulder and went on over into the back of my old suv. I didn't know what had come in with me, but I slamed the transmission into park and got out quick. I reached back in and turned on the overhead light and saw him just laying there on the floor. I an old coat over him and figured I throw him out when I got to the camp. Well I guess he was just dazed, because he got his act together and decided he wanted out, needless to say, we both did. After doing another slam park, I got the door clawed open and we both got out together.

dog1
Old 04-04-2004, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

yesterday we had 2 otters trying to get into the blind..i got it on film, but it was scary..those things look all sweet and fuzzy , but i know better , they'll eat you given the chance ,lol...

Quick Reply: Didn't seem funny at the time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.