Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

This really sucks

Old 03-25-2004, 08:15 PM

Default This really sucks

I have posted about ten different things on what shotgun is good, well i think that this is the last one, becasue wednesday i go to get one at cabelas. I know that i do not want a remington. I have 500 maybe 600 dollars to spend on a gun. I need some advise browning, benelli, beretta (if there is a cheap enough one), franchi, ithica, anything that makes a good pump or auto-loader. This is so frustrating becasue i will narow it down and then more will pop up. I didnt know picking out a gun would be so hard to do, I will mainly hunt turkey, but sume upland and waterfowl maybe. PLEASE HELP.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:35 PM

Default RE: This really sucks

I really like my BPS. Not sure what they go for these days, but the thing runs great and the bottom eject is very nice, esp. since I shoot left handed.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Typical Buck

Narrow down your selection from all the responses you've gotten. Go to the gun shop and get the feel for the different guns then buy the one that fits you the best. With all the new chokes that are available, you can work on your pattern after that.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:50 PM

For turkeys I would go with the 835, but for a multi-purpose gun I would go with the BPS.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:17 PM

Winchester 1300 or Mossberg 500. I did'nt see your previous posts though. If you want a work horse, it's either of these with a synthetic stock. JMHO.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:44 AM
Typical Buck

...sorry to tell ya,friend but it is all apart of growing up...if you make your own choice
mostimes you will like it better...to me you could not buy a better gun,than a Remington
because it is all in the name...go for the 870 Super Magnum,turkey gun, it will last you
along-long time...look i shoot a mossberg 835,i just call it a Remington,Browning
Beneli,and pull the trigger....good luck..[:-][:-]
Old 03-26-2004, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

I hate to complicate it further, but take a look at the Stoeger 2000 auto. They have good things to say about it on the NWTF forums. The are abot $450 at Dick's.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:05 AM

smoothie, you are turning something fun into a stressfull experience. first of all this will not be the last gun you buy so relax!!!! sounds like to me you could get everyones opinion and yu still wouldnt be able to decide.

the only opinion that really matters is yours.

my advice at this point is go to Cabelas and shop around, i mean look at every single gun that falls into your price range that fits your needs.. which one fits you best, feels good, etc etc; then pick out your favorite one and either buy it or make a list of the ones you liked and we all can try and help you decide which one will work best for you.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:16 AM

one more thing, at your age $600 is a good amount of money, so dont set a deadline that you have to have a gun buy, unless you plan on hunting with it within the next couple weeks.

whenever i decide to buy a new gun it usually takes about 3-6 mos, mainly because i am cheap and i want to get the best deal i can, but more importantly so i can do alot of research about what gun i want and what the differences are between all the makes and models.

good luck.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Persoanlly, I think trying to decide which gun to buy is fun. You might want to take into consideration how heavy the gun is, how it feels on your shoulder. I believe each gun has a specific owner.

Quick Reply: This really sucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.