Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Mid Morning Gobblers

Old 03-24-2004, 03:10 PM

Default Mid Morning Gobblers

Hunting through the years I've noticed that many people leave the woods mid morning when the gobblers aren't hammering like they were at daybreak. True, they aren't as vocal, but this can be the best time to call up SAD DADDY when the ladies are worn out or have fed away. And if you do find one gobbling, he's probably all alone and sittin' on go. This is especially true in public areas that get tons of pressure at daybreak. Just thought I'd throw in my 2cents worth. Sometimes it's difficult, but if you can sit by a big oak and soak up some sun or slowly make your way along strut zones, you will be carryin' more hooks out of the woods.

Widow Maker
Old 03-24-2004, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Mid Morning Gobblers

thanks for the tip !
Old 03-25-2004, 08:18 AM

Widow_maker

In my opinion after 10am is PRIMETIME[:@]! I have killed 80% of my turkeys at this time! When the birds are henned up bad, sometimes I don't hit the woods until after 9:00am. I see tons of hunters leave at 9am, hey that's fine with me because that is less competion for me and my chances of bagging a bird just increased bigtime! What I like is that when you do get one fired up he is going to be coming in fast!!!
Old 03-25-2004, 08:24 AM

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUSH with that nonsense.....EVERYBODY knows that if there are none gobbling between 8 and 9 to go fishing......If I could give one tip to an up and coming turkey hunter, it would be to not be so liberal with good advice...LOL
Old 03-25-2004, 02:44 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-25-2004, 02:50 PM

Exactly--there's no point in hunting after 8:00 a.m. Go to work!!
Old 03-25-2004, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

if ur off why not relax in the woods
badday hunting is better than work
and fishing you can do that all year
id stay tilll at least 10-1030 but when i go away on my trips all there is to do is hunt so mines well stay till 12 take a nap then go fishing
Old 03-28-2004, 05:47 PM

You have that right widow maker and tnichls! I say thanks for all the birds to all the hunters who go home early! If you'r not in the woods after 8 you have know idea what opportunitys are waiting for you!
Old 03-28-2004, 10:08 PM

yep I called most of my birds in after 9 10 oclock been doin it for three yrs now, maybe this year I'll get one.. they love my calling, just dont like me!!!!!! cant seem to get em to stay long enough