Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 "custom" calls like kaiser, x-treme,etc... >

"custom" calls like kaiser, x-treme,etc...

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

"custom" calls like kaiser, x-treme,etc...

Old 03-20-2004, 02:33 PM

Default "custom" calls like kaiser, x-treme,etc...

I'm wondering how many of you use "custom" turkey calls? Who do you order yours through and in what style? I'm interested in maybe giving a custom call a try just dont want to spend the money on a custom call to find out other people have had better results from other call makers. Thanks for the help
Old 03-20-2004, 03:04 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: "custom" calls like kaiser, x-treme,etc...

I bought my first kiaser and glad I did!

Tho untried - it is the best call in my arsenal. The glass over slate allows me to options to use.

Since the big manufacturing guys are trying to sell more and yet cheapen the product I have bought - I am definietley looking to purchase more custom calls.

Cause what you are getting is quality!

JW!
Old 03-20-2004, 05:51 PM

I bought a custom slate over glass call in an osage orange pot w/ a matching striker last spring from Harrison Game Calls. It's a really nice looking and sounding handmade call.

Steve Harrison makes some mighty fine looking calls. I ordered mine direct from him over the phone. You won't be disappointed with one of his calls!
Old 03-20-2004, 09:04 PM

About all I've been carrying lately are custom calls. Right now my "collection" consists of: three calls from Ron Clough's Close Calls, a cedar slate over slate, a glass over slate in a wormy chestnut pot and a longbox made from black walnut and syacamore, three Blodgett's, a Legacy double glass, a Tough Country slate over glass and a Tracker II box made from mahoghany and purpleheart, a Sweet Lips laminated glass call by Ted "Pete" Peters and three Cody Calls by Bill Zearing, a Cody II slate, Cody II glass and a Spec I slate.

The Spec I is my newest and favorite as of now, it looks and sounds better than all the others. A close second is the Peters Sweet Lips, although I usually don't take it into the woods.

Tyler
Old 03-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a call from Andy Kaiser, it sounds sweet. Its double sided, glass on one side and slate on the other. Both sides sound great. I haven't tried it in the turkey woods yet, but expect to use that as my primary call this spring.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a lot of calls!!!!! And I really dont think you need to spend a $100.00 on a call to call in a turkey. I think your ok with the production calls from companys like Primos,HS Strut ect.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

definately a KAISER KALL....Andy does great job and they sound so sweet.....got proof they work
Old 03-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Spike

I have 3 calls and I like my kaiser the best, I have tried it with different strikers and it makes no difference it sounds great with any striker.