Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 How are the PA birds doing?? >

How are the PA birds doing??

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

How are the PA birds doing??

Old 04-18-2004, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How are the PA birds doing??

this warm weather they are going nuts....i went out last weekend to listen and they went nuts for 20 mins.....3 groups all around me.....hit the ground and they didnt go off again.......today i was fishing....5pm.....putting on the hip boots.....thought i heard one go off....i was like nah not this time of day......then i heard him again and again.....then a few more times......then i got to the creek and saw tracks all around.......i found me a new spot close to home.....dad went scouting today and found us a good spot up north as well......and had one gobbling at him walking through the woods about 2 or 3ish......i think they are getting hot.......
Old 04-20-2004, 05:14 PM

Well I was watching early yesterday morning as I spotted 2 hens go find a gobbler in front of my house and they walked past and when they went into the field I snuck out listened to them call him in. Because I was out afew hours earlier just hearing him up above and then I watched the magic happen.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:07 PM

Well I've not heard a gobble in awhile where are you at???
Old 05-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

IM hearing them and seeing them from far distances , jsut cant coax one into shotgun range, maybe tommorow or saturday will get the deed done!
Old 05-06-2004, 04:58 PM

first day was terrible for me.
i heard 8 gobblers that morning and when they hit the ground,they got lock jaw. from 7 am till noon, not one sound from them.i saw so many hunters that day in a long time.but monday, i got one at 10:20 am. its posted on the board.